Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Bill Dance

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about Bill Dance

Could anyone tell me why every boat that Bill Dance uses has the same registration numbers (TN 459 Y? I have noticed this the last few times that I have watched his show, and was curious too know.

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Marchrat

I,VE WONDERED THAT FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS--IF YOU FIND OUT LET ME KNOW
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

It's kinda like that one "blooper" on one of his tapes where the boat and trailer both roll down into the water. Well, first off, the hitch came out of the receiver which means the pin was pulled, the jack with wheel was down, yeah everyone pulls a boat to the lake with the jack down, no safety chain was hooked to the trailer and the boat never floated off the back of the trailer because it was still strapped down. He said nevermind I will drive it back up on the ramp with the motor. Nah, that wasn't rigged. I have seen several different boats that he was fishing out of that didn't have any numbers on them at all. Oh well, whatever it takes to make money.:rolleyes: FATBOY

PS, I heard one guy who was watching a tape with me say, look at that camera that the cameraman was using, that thing is a big piece of painted cardboard. Why would one cameraman be taping another cameraman taping Bill Dance. I think its funny.
    Last edited by fatboy; 11-26-2006 at 02:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

that's the whole point to make it funny. the bloopers thing started after bill fell out of the boat one time. They got a lot of feed back from that a decided to start putting bloopers in some of the episodes. but like you said whatever it takes to make money. I do have to say i use to like bill a lot but I had met him about 3 times and the last time i met him i was about 17 . he was at one of the outdoor stores in Birmingham Al, well i ask bill about fishing plastic worms and he pretty much told me to get lost. I might have just taken it wrong but that's the way it sounded to me. I have to say from a personal opinon I'll take hank parker over bill anyday. to me bill dance is just like his bloopers, FAKE! sorry i got on my soap box it just really fires me up. Bill dance and roland martin the two guys i don't care if i ever meet again.

keep on fishin
    Last edited by crappie lover ken; 11-26-2006 at 04:14 PM.
    fighting for this country(it can't always be someone ELSE'S SON)
    keep on fishin

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The snake falling out of the tree into the boat was the worst to me. Snake was so obviously dead. I guess we watch him anyway.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ken, that soapbox is worth getting on. I know what you mean and have seen it before myself at a sportshow in KY a few years back. There is no excuse for men to get so self-absorbed that they humiliate the kids who look up to them. The damage they do far outweighs the good they think they are. It's unforgivable in my book. Semper Fi brother!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way especially with Roland Martin, i'm friends with a guy that drew him in a tournment, and he said he is unbelivable, so full of himself. I myself like Mike Iaconelli, alot of people dont like him, but say what you want, he loves his fan base.

Post Thanks / Like

One of Bill Dance's sponsors is the State of Tenn, I imagine that is why he only has one number for all his boats. Just my thought!
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, Rowland, say it ain't so! This is like finding out about Santa and the tooth fairy. This is so depressing!:D CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

The boat number deal may be like this....

When i was growing up, MY father had a fishing show on TV as well, and we had boats provided by the manufacturers, but 'serviced' and registered by the local dealer. The numbers and paperwork on the boats where always in the name of the dealer. I think they had 'master' dealer tags for such purposes.

Over the years , we must have had 5 or 6 boats under this arrangement, and always with the same 'numbers' on them.

I hope this helps somewhat.
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast