Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lovely Day on the Stockton lake Mo.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lovely Day on the Stockton lake Mo.

Today, Trolled up by Birch Branch, zero luck there, biddy bopped around looking things over and found a couple new brush piles, stopped on my way back and checked them out, caught a couple little ones on them, no biggies....Moved to my ole haunt, Up by the eagles nest, and the North South bluff run, couple good ones there, then on to greezer creek, couple decent ones there and a couple short Bass and two short crappie, Then I seen the white bass surfacing, well I turned the other way, did not want that mess on my lines, when I turned some came up right beside the boat, and they was not whites, they was small crappie, bunch of them too. I trolled right through them and caught 3 small ones, they was all over, I hit two bunches of them and they was all about 8 in. must have been something chasing the school to the top, it was neet.

Trolled greezer creek cove again then back to the power line area, nothing doing, hit the run by the camp ground and Frosy's ole brush piles , picked up a couple there, then left the lake at 3:30 and I am tired, cleaned 8 nice crappie and one 18" line side,

beer thirty Buschhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhh

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good out look for the future. It was a nice day to be on the water. Good job Beags. Thanks for the report.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a darn good day to me.Them small ones were running from you,they were scared of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day. That would have been really cool to see the crappie coming to the surface like that. Closest thing I've ever got to witness to this was a "whirl-pool" a school created from, what my guess was, feeding on shad. Threw a line into the pool and had a crappie immediately. Got him off the line, threw back in and it was over, they moved on haha

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely day at work too! Why is it called geezer creek?

Post Thanks / Like

Dangit beagle I have not ben able to get away at all I want too but just cant. SORRY

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out and found a few. All I can manage is work yuk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Lovely day at work too! Why is it called geezer creek?
    I guess I have to explain it to you,,,, I am typing slow so you can read this,,,,, it is called geezer creek cause all us old greasers fish it. some of the locals call it greaser creek, but this ole geezer don't
    Likes moskeeter56 LIKED above post