PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Spider Rig on Sea Nymph Sidewinder 175

zettler
06-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Okay ,I have searched and looked at a couple of threads and posts but I would love to read what others suggest.

I want to go ahead and install a spider-rig on my 1988 Sea Nymph Sidewinder 175 but haven't a clue as to what kind would work best or what's the best price for one!

In Illinois we are limited to three poles per person and most times I sit alone and fish. There is but one seat up front and I do not envision building a second or installing a seat for two.

What would you all recommend for my particular boat?

I see that Mr. Crappie and Driftmaster are sponsors but have also read about Hi Tek Extreme. So please let me know what you think, suggest or question.

Thanks in advance!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/zettler1/002.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/user/zettler1/media/002.jpg.html)

callshy
06-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Sounds like you need to to go with a Hi-Tek (also a sponsor) 3 rod Extreme with 18" riser. I would get an extra base or two so you could position the holders for spider rigging out the front or pulling from the side if you decided too. I am a little bias though and there will be suggestions from others.

zettler
06-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Location and mounting are certainly an issue. It is very crowded up front with little room for the foot pedal even.

There is a compartment door right in front of seat where I keep an extra battery and on the bow you can see the trolling motor and the plate where the fishfinder goes - I upgraded to a Lowrance Elite 5HDI and now think I ought to mount it differently. In fact, I might redo that setup all together....

BoarBuster
06-24-2014, 09:14 AM
I agree on the extra bases. Personally I can see placing one rod on each side and one straight out of the back. This would help with seperation for trolling with crankbaits. Just my :twocents

callshy
06-24-2014, 11:51 AM
I can help you with the mounting of the HD5 as well.

crappiehunterDave
06-24-2014, 04:55 PM
I have the Hi Tek extreme 3 rod holders and love them.

jaxsprat
06-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Bob plse post on where u decide as I have a sea nymph fisherman 16.5 foot. Except for steering whell our boats & trailers are identical and mine it a tiller year 1989. thanks jax.

zettler
06-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Jax. Will do.

clfarms1
06-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Bob, Pm your adress if your boat is in Chatham and I will come over and tell you what I think and you can show me what you want to do.

zettler
06-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Bob, Pm your adress if your boat is in Chatham and I will come over and tell you what I think and you can show me what you want to do.

Unfortunately I store at the Lake...thanks!

rnvinc
06-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Post a pic of the deck in front of your pedistal seat and Scott will design you something that will work...

Rickie

zettler
06-24-2014, 09:16 PM
This was a picture from a couple weeks ago LATE one night (I have been know to fish upwards of 20+ hours at a clip) so the area is a mess but you can see most of the bow area - along with a take-out of Saputo's Lasagna, my Coke Zero, Brush Cutter and assorted bits of minnows. Please note (besides the general seeming disarray...), that I just mounted my new Lowrance on what was left of the bracket for the former Fish Finder. I now think that I NEED to restructure the whole area - including where and how the Lowrance is mounted. I would like to one day redo the foot control trolling motor with a better one but that will have to wait.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/zettler1/20140530_221354.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/user/zettler1/media/20140530_221354.jpg.html)

Anyway, that is "fair" representation of the front area. You can also see the other compartment I failed to mention right there in the bow. If you all need another view, it will have to wait till this weekend when I go to the Lake and hopefully fish. I store it about 70 miles away...

I truly do appreciate ALL the input here and via PM and texts. Thank you all.

Bob

clfarms1
06-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Bob, there are several that will work well, Hi teks are good, I have a cumberland and a spyder lock on the boat now and like them both. Get one that will adjust up and down so if you change where you want to put it you arent limited.

BoarBuster
06-24-2014, 09:55 PM
I store it about 70 miles away...

Bob

To far away. I keep my wife close and my boat closer.

zettler
06-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Bob, there are several that will work well, Hi teks are good, I have a cumberland and a spyder lock on the boat now and like them both. Get one that will adjust up and down so if you change where you want to put it you arent limited.

I truly would like like one that adjusts but not sure any I have seen will...

As for wife closer, ain't gonna happen! The Ex done moved to Florida.

Danny2072
06-24-2014, 11:31 PM
I like my hi teks but those spyderloc look awesome and can be adjusted from 12 inches to 24 inches high.
and the spyder loc adjust easier because no tools are needed

zettler
06-25-2014, 08:47 AM
I like my hi teks but those spyderloc look awesome and can be adjusted from 12 inches to 24 inches high.
and the spyder loc adjust easier because no tools are needed

I did not know that. Thanks.

Its kind of difficult to look at products on websites from my cell... ;)

MEATGETTER
06-25-2014, 11:58 AM
You can't go wrong with HI- TEC

skeetbum
06-28-2014, 04:11 AM
I use the extremes pulling cranks and riggin and about everything else. The higher sides make the best in my book, and I have all 3 that he has to offer. If I only had one style it would be the extreme. 9 baseplates in my boat. Only mount the bases after you have gotten in the boat with a helper outside and, with rods, move them here and there before the first hole is drilled. You're on the right track. Show em off when you're done.

pesce
06-28-2014, 06:08 AM
166746166745This how i set mine up on my alumicraft 170166744

pesce
06-28-2014, 06:13 AM
I haven't mounted the HDS, need to find time with the honey do list that seems to get in the way.

wilbur
06-28-2014, 06:58 AM
This was a picture from a couple weeks ago LATE one night (I have been know to fish upwards of 20+ hours at a clip) so the area is a mess but you can see most of the bow area - along with a take-out of Saputo's Lasagna, my Coke Zero, Brush Cutter and assorted bits of minnows. Please note (besides the general seeming disarray...), that I just mounted my new Lowrance on what was left of the bracket for the former Fish Finder. I now think that I NEED to restructure the whole area - including where and how the Lowrance is mounted. I would like to one day redo the foot control trolling motor with a better one but that will have to wait.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/zettler1/20140530_221354.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/user/zettler1/media/20140530_221354.jpg.html)

Anyway, that is "fair" representation of the front area. You can also see the other compartment I failed to mention right there in the bow. If you all need another view, it will have to wait till this weekend when I go to the Lake and hopefully fish. I store it about 70 miles away...

I truly do appreciate ALL the input here and via PM and texts. Thank you all.

Bob

Is that your secret bait? Apple Pie.