Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help and advice filling out CRANKIN order.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help and advice filling out CRANKIN order.

Going to give pulling cranks a try on Truman and could sure use some advice.
    i have 20 ft. Triton glass bass boat with 200hp
    i Have MK Terrova with I pilot to troll with. I single pole or spider rig.
    After reading Mississippi sticky cranking thread there are so many options.

I am set up front of boat for spider rigging and double seat and would like to pull cranks from up front with 2 poles off each side. ( 1 ea 10ft 1 ea 12ft)

my planned order is this
    2. 10 ft and 2. 12ft. BnM Pro trolling poles
    4 Okuma MA 20 DX line counter reels
    12 Bandit 200
    6 Bandit 100 and 6 Bandit 300. Colors on Bandits?
    Type of line and colors ?
    Are poles right length? I have 12 and 14 ft for rigging.
    i can get same price on either Okuma 15 or 20 model for about $40 ea.
    is one better than other?
    #5 swivels ?
    Lakemaster chip for my 998 HB

plan to get started with this order later this week.
    sure would appreciate any brands , lengths, colors, lb. tests, models etc
    help from u guys in the know so I don't mess up to bad

Also the little lady does not know about this Lil OL Order

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This chart is based useing 10 lb. mono and a speed of 1.6 to 1.8 mph Name:  Bandit%20200%20300%20Quick%20Ref.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  33.0 KB
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

get on bandits web site they have a special section for crappie colors, I use mostly bandit 300 the 100 are to small, the 200 not bad. colors what ever you like. but the fish will tell you.

but crawdad/orange, black/purple, pink, bublegum
    10 pound mono
    also on your pole length you may not have big enough spread on the 10 12 I use 8 and 12 less tangle

Post Thanks / Like

Separate your rods more, like do 10s and 14s or 8s and 12s or even 6s and 10s, you'll thank me later.
    I would leave off the 100s too, just me but you can order a shallow running Arkie from Arkie Lures for less than half the cost of Bandits and they are fish catching machines.
    Someone will post the link to the Okuma 20s for 30 bucks or so, have gotten away from the heavy linecounters myself.
    If you are gonna use Mono I would get a 10 pound hi vis yellow of some sort, not the Wally Marshal stuff, again you will thank me later. Bass Pro (man I hate this part) has a hi vis line in the saltwater section called Offshore Angler, its a very good line for the money, 8 bucks for 1200 yards or so. Have changed to braid myself but it gets exspensive, I use PowerPro 40/10.
    Welcome to the adventure, its fun and a fesh producing way to fesh. Good luck.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to try pushing cranks as well as pulling. We are doing that now and it is a lot easier than pulling, it makes it easier to turn as you will usually only be running 20-30 foot of line out and the rod length doesn't matter as much for spacing. I don't know if one is more productive than the other, but if you want to pull deeper than 15 ft it sure is easier. Just my

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas Pro-Line....10 lb. high vis yellow 8 or 9 bucks for a 1500 yard spool. Its the best I have found....very limp and low memory.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Cabelas Pro-Line....10 lb. high vis yellow 8 or 9 bucks for a 1500 yard spool. Its the best I have found....very limp and low memory.
    Reminds me of a "G"eezer I know or two!!!!!
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes wilbur LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    You might want to try pushing cranks as well as pulling. We are doing that now and it is a lot easier than pulling, it makes it easier to turn as you will usually only be running 20-30 foot of line out and the rod length doesn't matter as much for spacing. I don't know if one is more productive than the other, but if you want to pull deeper than 15 ft it sure is easier. Just my
    I have found spacing to be more important pushing, may just be the way I set up tho. I do agree with trying pushing tho, got to where we do both most of the time.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    I have found spacing to be more important pushing, may just be the way I set up tho. I do agree with trying pushing tho, got to where we do both most of the time.
    I agree spacing is important, I jus meant you can push with 2 rods of the same length easier than you can pull with 2 rods of the same length at least it is for me. I just may not have said it right.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, we ended up pushin 10 the other day due to the trash in the water, weight caught the trash and kept the baits from fouling. Had to be real careful how you picked up a fesh not to get tangled, it was my regular pulling set up which prolly was the cause for most of it. Really like to push 2 and pull 3 off each side ifn the lake regs will allow.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast