Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tying jugs for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tying jugs for crappie

Will someone recommend videos or books on tying jugs for crappie?
    Thanks in advance Sam from Oklahoma

Post Thanks / Like

Jigs?

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont know if its legal to fish for crappies with jugs. I know you can jug fish for catfish tho. Did you mean jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

sorry i ment jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I, personally, don't see the need for videos or books.. it's really easy to pick it up on your own just by watching. Here are a few videos of mine from dedfish.com :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qjbyVxA8Qn4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sfp2xQTo8kg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=91nHY8O02YI

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks for the good reply

Thanks deadfish that’s awesome. Just what I am looking for. Retiring in January and thought this would be a fun hobby. Love crappie fishing and have used jigs but never got in to both whole hardily. Going to have plenty of time on my hands and my plans are to devote myself to crappie fishing until I learn it. Done some bass fishing and cat fishing and as you can probably tell, some jug fishing also. There again it was kind of a hit and miss thing and never really got good at them. Love your web page thanks again
    Sam from Oklahoma

Post Thanks / Like

KWSU had several fly tying videos on the web sometimes back. I believe they were called "Fly Tying, The Anglers Art. They tied (mostly) 3 flies per video, with the camera work at a high excellence. There are 50+ videos (free). I do not have the url but you probably can google it up.

I enjoy tying my own, it is a great hobby!
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Westsam

SINCE YOU HAVE'NT TRIED RETIREMENT, MY ADVISE IS TO NOT PLAN ON HAVING A LOT OF TIME FOR TIEING JIGS. I PREDICT YOU WILL BE WAY TOO BUSY TO HAVE TIME FOR THIS. SPEAKING FROM MY EXPERIENCE OF COURSE.
    HAVE FUN.
    JOE

Quote Originally Posted by westsam
    Thanks deadfish that?s awesome. Just what I am looking for. Retiring in January and thought this would be a fun hobby. Love crappie fishing and have used jigs but never got in to both whole hardily. Going to have plenty of time on my hands and my plans are to devote myself to crappie fishing until I learn it. Done some bass fishing and cat fishing and as you can probably tell, some jug fishing also. There again it was kind of a hit and miss thing and never really got good at them. Love your web page thanks again
    Sam from Oklahoma