Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake martin

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake martin

Had friends up at the lake this weekend they had a good time and caught a nice mess of gills off the dock. Some nice fish once they got the butterbeans out of the way.It made for a good fishfry yesterday for lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best times I've had fishing related was on the Coosa River. Big family picnic and kids were catching decent brim. Couple of us decided to clean fish for an mid afternoon fish fry. Kids were having a ball, ladies were all debating the best breading etc, I remember having a cooler about 1/2 full of fillets and the ladies coming to get them and saying dinner in 30 minutes.

There were half a dozen breading seasoning combos. Good eating, plenty of cold beer and BTW, my date had the winning breading mix. This temporarily transplanted Yankee had a good time, made lots of friends and even had a good evening with the winner of the breading competition.

Although I was never a big fan of bream, those were some of the best fish I have ever eaten. Don't know if it was because they were being filleted right out of the water or maybe the beer, but its a great memory
    Likes wahanlin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Them brim are the greatest if nothing else is biting. Sure will cure the need for a taste of fish. Hey you got that breading recipe?
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recipe for fish batter

My wife takes care of that (Zatarains fish fry mix corn meal and salt) never had a complaint lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Headed back to martin for the 4th. Hope to get a little fishing in if i can get away from the grill lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on fishing lake martin next week anyone on this site that wants to hook up for some fishing give me a pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished last week at martin found some good bull bream in 12-16 fow. crickets were my bait.