Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: US Gx2 problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default US Gx2 problem

I'm not sure if anyone has had anything similar happen, but wanted opinions. My wife got me an Ugly Stik GX2 combo for fathers day, and the first trip out this weekend resulted in a broken reel after 3 casts, ending the trip. The screws and mechanism that held the bail were stripped, causing it to fall off and not be operable. Anyone had anything like this happen before and have rigged a fix or will they replace it?

Post Thanks / Like

They have a warranty. You will need a receipt and contact Ugly Stik or you can take it back to the store you bought it if it has been less than 30 days and get a refund or replacement.

http://www.shakespeare-fishing.com/W...efault,pg.html
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't keep the receipt, so I guess I am out of luck. Seriously who expects brand new equipment to break on the first outing. What a waste of money on that and to fill the spool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reesestix85 View Post
    I didn't keep the receipt, so I guess I am out of luck. Seriously who expects brand new equipment to break on the first outing. What a waste of money on that and to fill the spool.
    She didn't happen to put it on a debit or credit card, if so that can be your receipt on your bank statement, just get any early copy at the bank?
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reesestix85 View Post
    Seriously who expects brand new equipment to break on the first outing.
    With the quality of the products today - I do expect something to happen. I am happy when it doesn't.

I take the label, receipt and warranty card (if there is one), staple them together and write the date the warranty expires on it and throw it in my paper-work basket.
    If I notice that one of them is past the date, I pitch it. But having all that paper has bailed me out a time or two. And not just on the less expensive tackle either.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was purchased using a shopper card from the retailer, they will have the sale on record.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.