Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hillsdale 6/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hillsdale 6/20

Caught 10 small crappie mid-morning. They were around trees in deep water, hanging around in 3-15 feet of water. Water temp was 75 degrees on the humminbird. I used minnows. I also caught a small channel, two drum, and a nice white bass. Just FYI.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    Likes crappiebum_kc, Scouts Out LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the hd post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for report!

Post Thanks / Like

What was the water clarity?

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't clear like it had been before the lake rose, but it wasn't super stained either. Actually more towards the clear side than stained.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Post Thanks / Like

We found same thing all last week. 8-9 inchers on top half of submerged trees in 20ish FOW between 3-15 feet. Larger fish were very hard to come by and only in the deeper portions of water column. Almost no keepers. if you like em 9 3/4" though I am a slayer Fun but slow very light tapping bites pulling minnow jigs and dipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by runout789 View Post
    We found same thing all last week. 8-9 inchers on top half of submerged trees in 20ish FOW between 3-15 feet. Larger fish were very hard to come by and only in the deeper portions of water column. Almost no keepers. if you like em 9 3/4" though I am a slayer Fun but slow very light tapping bites pulling minnow jigs and dipping.
    I wish they would change the length limit to 9" like it is at Truman Lake., I'd be cleaning a lot more fish. I'm going to try a couple of things soon at HD: Trolling with crankbaits on the dam and night fishing. I know the bigger ones are there, I caught almost all keepers this spring during the spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I are gonna camp out there tonight and tomorrow. Gonna hit water in morning and see what we find. Hopefully the idiots stay home till later in day.