Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 90+ degrees

Post Thanks / Like

Default 90+ degrees

Well summer is in full swing here in the st louis area. So these ole bones won't be fishing till sept. except for a few days?? What to do now. Well I bought a old boat that i''m going to restore so that will take a few weeks. Then all my so called friends will be calling for free A/C help, as I'm a retired HVAC guy. But My normal things is to tell them that Tech has passed me up, and that's the truth. What's on your Plate

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Finishing up some turkeys then a fallow buck from New Zealand, one from Texas, then wide open on whitetails from all over. Got a client headed to Alaska for a mountain goat hunt, another to Mozambique for Cape Buffalo, Kudu, whatever so I'm helping them get ready. After 10 years of total climate controlled environment, the heat really gets to me everywhere but on the lake. Early mornings and late afternoon trips work out fine. Those summertime slabs love a crankbait.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

landscaping, working at my carwash, start packing for annual trip to Canada this fall and trolling for deep water crappies
    the winter is still fresh in my mind hot weather wont bother me much this year

Post Thanks / Like

Time to fish for Perch and Walleyes/Saugeyes here in the Buckeye State.
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    Early mornings and late afternoon trips work out fine.

Yes do watch the heat. I got overheated last year on a river that a lot of woods on each shore. Had pulled into a lillte back water area that was even more cut off from any breeze. Was already hot so I decided not to anchor. Put my boat into the center of the river and hammered down on it making for the ramp. When I got there I was as weak as a new born kitten. Stumbled my way to my truck and backed the trailer down. When I got out and went around to my boat I was so weak I just sat down on the ramp. Not sure how long I sat there but it was a good bit. Never Never underestimate the heat. It will get you before you know it.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

X 2 Plus dehydration will sneak up on you too with very similar symptoms. Both are Dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dfar View Post
    X 2 Plus dehydration will sneak up on you too with very similar symptoms. Both are Dangerous.
    heat hard work makes ice cold beer even better

Post Thanks / Like

I always took some bottles of frozen water so that it would cool the cokes in the little cooler I took. Plus it gave me cool water when the cokes were gone. That day I had just over stayed my time.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Plan on just keeping as cool as possible, early morning fishing trips for me and home by noon in most cases. I take frozen bottles of water in the small drink cooler to help slow down the ice from melting and it works, but also have them so I can apply/hold the frozen bottles to my wrists if I feel I'm getting too hot. It really helps to cool me off, I've done it a few times out in the yard when mowing and stuff on those hot days, and it really works.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I continue to fish. It's going to be close to 90 here today & tomorrow. You can have a very pleasant morning on the water by deep drifting 1/8 oz. ball head jigs and some plastic trailers. Then head back to the dock noon. When there is a light breeze, this presentation can be dy-no-mite! Also, Lowe's is advertising a neat looking bandana-type gizmo that you soak in the water and place around your neck. Suppose to reduce the heat by 20 degrees or more and keep you cool under a wide brimmed hat. Will let you know how it works out.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast