Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just Back From OBX

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Back From OBX

She who must be Obeyed said last Thursday that (out of the blue) We were going camping this weekend. Who was I to argue after getting over 4" of rain last week. So we hooked to the Pop Up and went to the OBX for the weekend. Had a great time for some R&R with the Wife and kids. What did I do..... Nothing. absolutely NOTHING other than a movie and a couple meals eating out. I sat on My arse and did Nothing. We went on the beach a couple times and I sat and did Nothing. You talk about bumming out. I did what I have not done in 20 years and fell back into my role of the ultimate beach bum. I kicked back put my toes in the sand, took in some sun and that is it. Cooked hot dogs on the fire, and sat in my chair and when it was time to sleep, I got in the camper in the AC and sawed wood so bad that my daughter did not sleep any the first night. I did nothing. I usually worry myself with fishing for something when I go down there. Not this time. I didn't know what was biting, did not go anywhere where anyone was fishing did not even go to TW's like I usually do to get the fishing reports I even slept through Captain Marty's Saturday morning fishing show on the radio. No Nothen. Naught from naught is Naught and I was a great big goose egg 000000000000. Felt good too. Gonna start picking wheat Tuesday and that is why I did nothing. Just resting up for a long haul. I need to do that again when we get through getting the crops situated.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    Likes Percidae_Papermouth, Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, am sure you deserve it.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats for you. Now get to work. I need some bread.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes crappiefarmer LIKED above post

Williamston, North Carolina, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your body, and your mind have been rewarded. Far too many of us push until what makes us tick sends an emergency signal, and at that point we pay dearly. Your dearly beloved wants you to remain just like you are, and the R&R was probably well overdue.

Happy Father's Day.

B-
    Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, Ed! I was there too. Probably drove right past you, on the beach.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ed you say you have a pop up. I got one this winter and we took it Fla this spring. We are loving it. Glad you had a chance to get a break. You have a tuff job.