PDA

View Full Version : Remember Slab Sauce - well now introducing Gewbers

Slab
06-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Remember Slab Sauce. We had a little project on here and developed this scent a couple years ago. The results were good with it, but many complained that it did not stay "on the jig" very long. Well, based on that feedback, it's been modified into a whole new form.

It'd make a good hamburger pattie too! lol

Anyway, this will stay on the hook. It's essentially Gummy Bear consistency, although it's far from being simply a stinky Gummy Bear!

Break off a pre-cut piece and stick it on your hook. In essence it's fish food and it will improve your catch, I guarantee. I've tested it extensively along with some members on the forum (in GA, TN, FL and MS). Now it's time to expand the field testing.

It's not perfect, it's made by hand. So any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I only have a limited supply right now, but if you are willing to field test it, and provide feedback, please PM me your mailing address and I'll get you out a sample.

I believe we had a forum for feedback on the Slab Sauce, I'll look that up and post a link here. We can use that forum to continue the project.

Thanks everyone.

Yodibuzz
06-13-2014, 10:33 AM
These look great

Glenn
06-13-2014, 10:35 AM
PM Sent.

Slab
06-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Here's the Feedback Forum:

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/forumdisplay.php/98-Gewbers-Jig-Scent-feedback-forum

And what I would like is a "field tester" from every state. I'm starting to get a lot of requests so I think this would be a good way to limit it. I can post here which states are already represented. Thank you all, looks like there is lots of interest.

"G"
06-13-2014, 10:48 AM
They also help when pulling or pushing crankbaits as well....just stick one on one of the hooks

Smoltz
06-13-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm trying to pm ya n I can't figure it out lol

yankee doodler
06-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Well I DID have a container o them in my hand at one point at camp, but it run off somewhere.

Slab
06-13-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm trying to pm ya n I can't figure it out lol

To to 'Private Messages" this link may work for you: http://www.crappie.com/crappie/private.php

and Click on "Send New Message"

BoarBuster
06-13-2014, 01:02 PM
PM sent

kycreek
06-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Love the name.

Quackrstackr
06-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Does it stay on the hook and release scent and need to be changed out or does it dissolve?

Slab
06-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Does it stay on the hook and release scent and need to be changed out or does it dissolve?

Yes, it stays on the hook. It gets soft over time and kinda dissolves. So depending on how it's fished, it may come off, or just get smaller and smaller. I've caught many crappie using only one of the gewbers. Well over a dozen, but they were smaller crappie and happen to be biting the gewbers like crazy. I was on a pier with other fishermen, I coulda sold a ton of it there cause no one else was catching anything.

My wife and I ride our bikes to this particular lake. I fish it while she continues to ride around it a bunch of times. When she's done riding, she stops and we go home. The Crappie were not MS sized Crappie, but OK for up North here. I'm serious, I could not buy a bite here without Gewbers!

skiptomylu
06-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Looks like an awesome idea Slab. I hate using the little Nibbles because I just can't keep them on the hook and not going to do tricks to it so it will stay on better. I may need to give these a shot!

Slab
06-13-2014, 02:22 PM
KY, TX, IL, MS, CA, NC states are all accounted for. We need tester in other states now.

Fatman
06-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Ed sent you a PM for here in Vermont

Slab
06-13-2014, 03:07 PM
KY, TX, IL, MS, CA, NC states are all accounted for

and now

VA, VT, TN, NY and AR are accounted for too.

short grub
06-13-2014, 03:18 PM
what kind of price are you going to have on it? I'd like some to put in my boat for when I do go fishing, let me know, I'll just buy a few packs

Slab
06-13-2014, 03:24 PM
I really believe this is gonna be a great product. It helps in all regard. It gives the crappie something that tastes good to them, and it gives them something soft to bite into. They bite harder and hang on longer.

It's not the be all end all. If they ain't there, there ain't nothing gonna bite. You still have to find them.

And it works for other species as well. We tried it salmon fishing and I guarantee the whole crew really believed in it working. Salmon bite a simple fly, and it seems giving it a scent made them strike faster and harder. We caught salmon immediately after applying the gewbers, it was unreal.

Slab
06-13-2014, 03:28 PM
what kind of price are you going to have on it? I'd like some to put in my boat for when I do go fishing, let me know, I'll just buy a few packs

Dono quite yet. If it all works out we need to find a mass producer. A manufacturer that can make lots of it at once. Wifey don't like me stinking up the kitchen! She's getting real tired of it. She calls it "stinky fish crap".

bdunn3
06-13-2014, 03:42 PM
PM sent!!!

Smoltz
06-13-2014, 04:03 PM
I like the size of it. I think I got the pm figured out. And slab sent you a pm. I hope. Lol

Allot of time I don't like carrying bait. ESP if bank fishing and hopping around or a when I'm out n about on the boat n have no crappie bait. I these would be perfect to have on hand to pull out and put on for that extra enticement.

Sovran
06-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Does it have any preservatives for shelf life? If it works that good, its going to need a shelf life.

Slab
06-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Does it have any preservatives for shelf life? If it works that good, its going to need a shelf life.

Yep, it should keep. At least now it should keep. Early on I sent a jar to speck and it turned black. Not any more since I added some preservatives. Other than that, it's all natural.

It's heat resistant, but just don't leave it in the hot sun. Ive found that inside a plastic jar, it can get real hot and the gerwbers will melt.

Slab
06-13-2014, 06:30 PM
OK, we're done. I have 18 samples to send out. This will be the first (semi-public) run so to speak. Let's see what happens with this. Thank you all for your participation.

Billbob
06-13-2014, 07:40 PM
send ME sum GUBER i am a multi state tester pappy check speling

GoTennTitans
06-13-2014, 10:08 PM
PM sent. thanks. GTT

Slab
06-14-2014, 12:31 AM
I closed the thread cause we have enough field testers for now and keeping it open would just confuse people if they don't read the whole thread. Don't worry, more phased testing will follow. If you have questions or comments about Gewbers, please start another thread. Thanks