PDA

View Full Version : It's almost ready!!

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
06-12-2014, 04:21 PM
They sent us a pic this morning. Prop supposed to be delivered today and then they're river testing it. Paul's bringing the baby home this weekend! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

BoarBuster
06-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Nice looking rig. Bet your ready to get it riggred out the way you want it and get it wet.

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
06-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Well, we had it rigged and it was all good til the motor blew up back on the first weekend of May. We stripped her down and she's getting re-powered.

Cane Pole
06-12-2014, 09:56 PM
I got some Yamaha blue spray paint ( color of my boat). I can spray that white engine to match his new daddy.

"D"
06-13-2014, 02:01 AM
They might want to put on a prop. Just sayin. :biggrin

kycreek
06-13-2014, 06:28 AM
I'm sure you can't wait to plane her out.

tenncrappie
06-13-2014, 06:47 AM
Good looking rig.

M R Dux
06-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Southside Marine? That's where my rig came from.

Don G
06-13-2014, 07:57 AM
If you cross that Johnson with the Yamaha, will you get a Mercury?:biggrin

Really glad things are working out.:highfive

Billbob
06-13-2014, 08:58 AM
great have fun sweete

skeetbum
06-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Good luck with the new muscle, looks great.

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
06-16-2014, 04:57 PM
This may not end well. Paul picked it up on Saturday and we thought all was well. They had river tested it and didn't get it loaded all the way to the bow roller, so he backed it in, cranked it up and got it where it needed to be. After he got home, he put the water muffs on it and ran it for a bit so I could hear it run. THEN . . . . he was gonna start the kicker just to make sure it was okay and . . . nothing. No power. Nothing in the boat works. Why no power? Fuse blown? NO, the freaking fuse panel is MISSING. Paul called them this morning and the man he talked to seemed offended that we weren't happy and insinuated that we had caused the problem towing it home. We are both wasting a day of vacation tomorrow to go back to Paducah and get this taken care of. The fact that I am going with Paul does not bode well for them. Bail money may be required.

BoarBuster
06-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Let US know how much you need!!!:help

Bowbender
06-16-2014, 05:50 PM
great have fun sweete

How come you never call me sweety?

Slab
06-16-2014, 05:56 PM
This may not end well. Paul picked it up on Saturday and we thought all was well. They had river tested it and didn't get it loaded all the way to the bow roller, so he backed it in, cranked it up and got it where it needed to be. After he got home, he put the water muffs on it and ran it for a bit so I could hear it run. THEN . . . . he was gonna start the kicker just to make sure it was okay and . . . nothing. No power. Nothing in the boat works. Why no power? Fuse blown? NO, the freaking fuse panel is MISSING. Paul called them this morning and the man he talked to seemed offended that we weren't happy and insinuated that we had caused the problem towing it home. We are both wasting a day of vacation tomorrow to go back to Paducah and get this taken care of. The fact that I am going with Paul does not bode well for them. Bail money may be required.

Ruh-Roh

clfarms1
06-16-2014, 05:59 PM
:popcorn

"G"
06-16-2014, 06:00 PM
well......dadgummit

Rees Guide
06-16-2014, 06:02 PM
:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

Bowbender
06-16-2014, 06:17 PM
I got people in Paducah, let me know how much ya need!!

jaxsprat
06-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Ouch that hurts after all that $$$ & wait. Well its good u are going with so both of you can light a fire under those bums-they are not along have heard same type of stories up here in Illinois- Maybe your boat people are transplanted from Chicago, maybe yyou should ask them if they are from the north?

Billbob
06-16-2014, 08:16 PM
got you COVERD

M R Dux
06-16-2014, 10:32 PM
Sounds like somebody left it sitting outside the fence and one of the upstanding citizens of that neighborhood helped themselves to parts of the boat. I too would be out for major amounts of somebody's backside.

Eaglehorse
06-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Looks nice! Have fun re-rigging her!

"D"
06-17-2014, 07:52 AM
:popcorn:popcorn

Cane Pole
06-17-2014, 11:43 AM
MY o my. I understand the frustrations though. Call and I will come. I know a lot of 4 letter words.

Billbob
06-17-2014, 12:02 PM
are you in JAIL need bond $$$

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
06-17-2014, 12:23 PM
Not in jail yet. Will post details later afterr we finish our second go round today.

Herewego
06-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Nice rig. The Yamaha matches it perfectly.

kycreek
06-17-2014, 12:40 PM
At least you survived the 1st round. Get'em

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
06-18-2014, 01:17 PM
I asked to Paul to post the latest, but he's still really tense. Those of you who know him also know that he's a gentle giant and doesn't get angry too often. We arrived before 8 am yesterday morning to drop it off. They called about 11:15 or so to say it was ready. When we got there, Paul went over everything and the fuse panel was back in it's rightful place and everything worked except for the fuel gauge. (It worked when we dropped the boat off for the original install). They took it back inside and told us to come back at 1:30. We got some lunch and went back. The needle pegged out past full which didn't seem right, but we did have a full tank, so ??. Paul wanted to handle it, so he told me if I started talking, I had to go to the truck. I listened to him, (THIS TIME). The head guy avoided us like the plague every time we walked in yesterday and the mechanic didn't have a real bad attitude, but he wasn't interested in anybody's opinion or input but his own and still offered no explanation as to why the entire fuse panel was laying inside the walls of the boat. He offered NO apology for our trouble until Paul brought it to his attention AGAIN that we had spent lots of $$ and made two trips when it should've been done right the first time. We left and went straight to Ky Lake to try it out. I think they may have mounted the motor too low (I think Paul agrees, but pointed out that we can't know for sure until we run it some more and can actually get up on plane and trim her up, which it's too early in the break in now to do) and he feels like the prop is most likely the wrong pitch. Also, the fuel gauge is not wired up correctly and they jacked up the pro trolller on the kicker motor. There's no need to take it back to a place that doesn't want to do the job right and quite frankly, we have no confidence in their ability at this point anyway. From this point forward, Paul will redo what he can and we'll take it somewhere else if we have to for further adjustments. The next step getting all the details of this in order, taking pictures and then sending a letter to Yamaha regarding this dealership.

M R Dux
06-18-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry you guys are having to go thru such as that. No doubt the factory should hear from you concerning your treatment.

jaxsprat
06-18-2014, 01:52 PM
It was bad enough that your rude motor went so soon, and now you having to deal with some @@##????! dealer who probably made money on the deal. Hopefully the new engines' performance will over shadow all this other crap.

clfarms1
06-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Im glad you got you boat back and all the parts are there now. I'm sure Yamaha will be interested in what you have to say and hopefully will make it right with you somehow. All I want to know is how did he ever keep you quite with out a gag :biggrin

BoarBuster
06-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Sounds like you are not much better off than when you first went to these idiots.

Billbob
06-18-2014, 06:12 PM
you go girl

Quackrstackr
06-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Did Yamaha specify where to take it for rigging? Skippers over in Canton, KY is a Yamaha factory service center and is literally within eyesight of the lake for testing. The new ACS Marine in Paris Landing is also. I've heard nothing but good about ACS so far.