Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing and looking

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Standing and looking

I wonder how many of us have just taken the time to go and stand at the water and look. There is something peaceful about the water. This painting reminds me of the many times I have left my fishing rods at home and just stood and looked at the beauty of nature.

Name:  looks like pastor fishing.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  61.5 KB

Do others have similar photos or paintings? If so please post them.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes south point, skiptomylu, sailfish1 LIKED above post

RogerA is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean Ship, I too enjoy just being around the water and looking at God's great creation. It's just relaxing.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Fishing and being on the water can have a spiritual aspect. I love getting on the water just before sunrise...when the mist is rising, all is quiet, and there is nobody else around. The sights, the smells, and the sounds of God's perfection.....At times like that, I sometimes just drift around drinking my coffee to appreciate the moment. It puts things into perspective. Catching fish is just icing on that cake.
    Likes shipahoy41, prefers shiners LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to add...that's a really nice painting. It captures the feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is a very good painting.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

my front yard is a lake that has millions of cypress trees covered in spanish moss...to me its beautiful...sometimes i`ll just get in the boat and spend hours looking and appreciating what god has given us....its totally awsome

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bistineaudon View Post
    my front yard is a lake that has millions of cypress trees covered in spanish moss...to me its beautiful...sometimes i`ll just get in the boat and spend hours looking and appreciating what god has given us....its totally awsome
    Amen
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Days when I go fishing and I am having a hard time of it. (Not catching anything) I just troll around looking at what GOD has given us. To much of our lives are spent going to fast, to upset, what ever we do in our daily lives. Its then that I feel so small but big at the same time. I do pray before I go out, thanking him for all that he is going to give me that day. Big or small. Its still his bounty.
    dave
    in currituck
    Likes shipahoy41, kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've just recently moved to Tennessee near Kentucky Lake and I often find myself getting in the car in the evening and driving down to one of the boat ramps just to look out at the lake and watch the sunset. I've fished all my life but I still enjoy just being near the water even when I'm not fishing.
    Likes chaunc, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I was fortunate enough to become a ranger at Enid (TEMP.) I was wanting to do boat patrol and was shocked to find that it was easy to get because few if any wanted to do it . Being on the water was not like work to me . I worked there for 10 yrs . and seeing the entire lake under all weather conditions were a pure joy . I told one of the old guys that I taught school before coming to the lake most days and it was like the highlight of my day and he thought me to be crazy . Had to be at school at 7:15 am-3:15 , lake at 3:30 -12:00 pm . Loved it . The Sunsets , smell of charcoal on the water , meeting folks and talking to fishermen daily was a pure joy . Yes like most jobs the drunks , drowning's , boating accidents ect were a bummer but the good far out weighed the bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast