Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam Heaton super sensitive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam Heaton super sensitive

I just wanted to see if anybody uses the Sam Heaton BnM rod. I have been looking at them but wanted to get some input from yall.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

To me they are too limber. Good rod for smaller fish. Harder to control 12" fish than a pole with more backbone.
    Likes crappie4me2 LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair of them that I use for longlining. I love the sensitivity and cork handles. They are not stout enough for me to use pulling cranks. The Southern Crappie Rods come out for that.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes crappie4me2 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the BnM ultra lite bottom seat rod and love it but you need to net for a big fish.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont overlook the crappie wizard rods from B&M. I use their 12 and 10 ft'ers for my style of fishing. You can horse just about any slab over the side with a good solid hookset.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 11 ft.and a 12 ft . I have used both over two yrs . I carry a brush cutter for extreme rough terrain( 15 YRS OLD , GREEN ) . The Heatons are very a good rod as for feeling the light bite . other than single pole fishing I would opt for something else (maybe why some break them ). There are many rods that I have never used so I would not say they are the best . I started with the " classic" and had two of them for 15 yrs. plus before I broke a tip . I never swing a keeper fish and rods are not abused . All 12 ft. rods seem to have better feel to me so it gets the most use . I like them so I bought extra tips based on people having said they break to easy . I still have the tips . lol . Hope I break both next time out ! lol

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, you have to get the fish on the hook before you have to worry about removing it. That being said, I love the 11' Sams because I have seen it out fish many other rods while vertical jigging. The limber factor is part of the makeup that allows you to feel, and the fish not feel, each bite. I generally still boat flip most fish under 13". I agree with eagle 1, the best use for the longer Sams is vertical jigging, but the 7' is great for casting jigs and/or floats.
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have broke a couple tips but, I just keep sticking with them. I have not found anything else that feels as good in my hands.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have two 12' that I use for two poling, great rods IMO. I almost always lift fish in the boat with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the 7' SHSS rods currently. Have been using them for casting and drifting jigs for about 6 years now. Love the darn things. For Father's Day, I'm getting another one in this series, only the 9' model. Can't wait!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast