PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best Crappie Jig poles on the Market right now???

Jiganomics
06-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Looking for the best $$$ can buy

filletfetish
06-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Todd Huckabee rear seat. Best bang for the $$$$$, BnM Sams Super Sensitive 11'

M R Dux
06-10-2014, 01:47 PM
http://southerncrappierods.com/

Ed is a great guy to deal with and he was a great product.

BuckeyeKdog
06-10-2014, 05:04 PM
I have had lots of luck with
Outlaw Rods
http://www.fishoutlaw.com/?page=products&brandname=65

Pro Angler Tackle
http://www.proanglertackle.com/CrappieRods.htm

B&M Fishing
https://www.bnmpoles.com/c-13-bucks-series-jig-poles.aspx

I think is is really a matter of personal preference and getting to use a rod before buying would be great but if that were the case, I would wanna try them all.

Crestliner08
06-10-2014, 06:27 PM
As long as you know that $$$ will never buy you success, there are many great crappie rods out there. Some do not require a lot of $$$. The B n' M Sam Heaton's Super Sensitive line up is very hard to beat in my opinion.

bigorange84
06-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Second that on the sams super sensative. Best rod on the market for single pole fishing.

jrc
06-11-2014, 03:18 PM
I like Pro Angler rods, the 8 ft cork handle is nice.

kickingback
06-12-2014, 08:24 AM
I have had great luck with Academy's Tournament Choice 10' rods. Very sensitive and less than $20. I have tried BnM and other poles and found this pole is just as good if not better IMO.
Why spend so much for a pole when you buy a name instead! I'm not a "pole bragger". I like to brag about the fish I caught!

Cray
06-12-2014, 10:34 PM
If money is no object, get in touch with the guys on Oklahoma board. Find out how to get in touch with the Gentalman in Eufaula that builds custom rods. Tell him how you fish and have him build you one or modify a Huckabe into a rear seat with braid guides. You will have a rod that will last you a life time.

lazi
06-13-2014, 04:02 AM
I like my SHSS rods...

stormcloud
06-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Best is in the eyes of the beholder. Get one you really like. It will be the best. There are a lot of good ones out there, all a little different in some way.

eagle 1
06-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Best is in the eyes of the beholder. Get one you really like. It will be the best. There are a lot of good ones out there, all a little different in some way.

very true . I gave a friend(birthday) a Sam Heaton rear seat 11 ft . This man is a machine on Grenada /Enid . A year later I ran in to him on Grenada and he was back to using a 9 1/2 ft . fly rod . He has a quill on the Heaton and uses it to bream fish . Said seeing the tip of the fly rod is faster than feeling on the new rod .:juggle

NIMROD
06-14-2014, 05:23 AM
Ozarks are tough and sensitive too! How many jig poles will land slabs without breaking when you use the rod to swing em in?:yikes Never broke an Ozark 11' jig pole , can't say that about any of the other brands.:twocents

skiptomylu
06-14-2014, 08:21 AM
I really like several different rods, BnM Bucks Ultimate are tough rods and have had mine for something like 10 years if not longer. I also really link the Bucks Gold Jig Pole, but it's a little less stuff than the Ultimate, well a good bit less really. I also had a fried make me a pole that is 8' (very close to 8 anyway) one piece using the Rainshadow #7 blank and it's just awesome and I use it a lot! Want another one using the Rainshadow #8 these blanks are made by Baston Enterprises.

SeaRay
06-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Lot depends on the type of fishing you will be doing. I bought some Pinnacle Limit rods(fiberglass composite) from Grizzly for $15 that I use tightlining and they work fine for that. I also have a couple of B&M Bucks Graphite Jig Poles (around $40) and there is a world of difference in feel if you are single pole fishing.
If I have multiple rods set up in holders, then fiberglass is fine, but held in your hand you want graphite.
Course that is just one man's opinion.

Eaglehorse
06-14-2014, 12:31 PM
The Southern Crappie Rods or B-n-M Sam Heaton's Super Sensitive work for me, but really it's just a matter of taste. Get what feels good for you!

skeetbum
06-15-2014, 06:18 AM
Happy Fathers Day. I think that question is like asking which one brush would you use to paint a house. It takes several, with different rods for different duty. What I will say is that you need to handle all that you can get your hands on before you buy. Quality will be easily seen. I have handled a rod that was supposed to be the best ever and was disappointed. It wasn't cheap and was very well built but didn't fit the way I fish. Be patient, there are a lot of good choices, and remember folks will let you handle what they use so don't be afraid to ask. Good luck in your search, there's a lot to look at.

Sandwich Maker
06-16-2014, 04:33 PM
To each his own. I prefer the Wally Marshall 9' and 10' in the Signature series. Lightweight and stiff. I don't care for the rear seat type rod, but a lot of folks really like the new Wally Marshall zero rod, which has the rear reel seat. As mentioned above, the best thing is to go somewhere that has a good variety and handle the rods to see what feels right for you. Cabelas is good for that. Good luck!