Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese crankbaits

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chinese crankbaits

Somebody recently posted a link to a company in China that sells some good looking cranks at ridiculously low prices. My major concern was how the baits were constructed and how they would run. Let me say I bought some and was pleasantly surprised by the way they look. They run good out of the box and the fish on KY lake like them.

Word of warning to anybody buying them, be sure to either replace the hooks or be prepared to spend a good bit of time sharpening them. I have lost several fish trolling the cranks when the fish threw the bait at the boat. I rarely have that happen with Bandits or baits I have replaced the hooks on.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you get them at?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    Where did you get them at?
    X2-plse share with us...........
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Doug, I tested the ones you gave me and they run pretty good. Like you said about the hooks they need some work but hold up ok. Thanks for turning me on to these. Great price! .99 cents for a crankbait is crazy! https://wlure.com/product_info.php?c...6d095b9dbb5ca8 Checkout the blade lures https://wlure.com/index.php?cPath=79...6d095b9dbb5ca8
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Dux was being nice when he told about the hooks. I broke one in an ugly drum last week. While I don't have a painting set-up like Dux has I am considering getting the unfinished ones next time since I have to buy the hooks and split rings anyway.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

I won't give up my Bandits, Rebels, Strike King, Wiggle Warts, Shad Raps or others but these Chinese baits make me shop much harder for better prices on those brands. I just painted 20 Bandits that I got from Cabelas in "toad frog" pattern for $1.88 each thanks to Wilbur here passing along the word.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Buckie02 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I won't give up my Bandits, Rebels, Strike King, Wiggle Warts, Shad Raps or others but these Chinese baits make me shop much harder for better prices on those brands. I just painted 20 Bandits that I got from Cabelas in "toad frog" pattern for $1.88 each thanks to Wilbur here passing along the word.
    Believe it or not that Toad Frog did good in KY. and at Shelbyville. I would of never bought that color at full price, It sure surprised me. In fact my daughter put it on to try and before I knew it she was pullin 3 of them. Did you use any of the ones I gave Rickie?

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Believe it or not that Toad Frog did good in KY. and at Shelbyville. I would of never bought that color at full price, It sure surprised me. In fact my daughter put it on to try and before I knew it she was pullin 3 of them. Did you use any of the ones I gave Rickie?
    There was about a week last summer that the toad frog would get swallowed on Nader, got 4 of em waiting on them to be the bait again this summer at some point.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I got made fun of by a bass fisherman for pulling pink cranks. He said he was too "manly" to have anything pink in his fine bass boat. I told him that was OK, that meant I wasn't having to compete with him to buy them or catch crappie on them. I guess toad frog is something the crappie don't see very often. Mine ended up, pink or black or a combo of the two with all kinds of glitter colors on them. Again, something they don't see.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast