Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking For larger Crappie Hooks!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Looking For larger Crappie Hooks!

I cannot seem to find any hooks like I'd like to use for crappie fishing. I am wanting some bronze Eagle Claw wire aberdeen hooks (not the gold ones) in size 2/0 or preferrably some wire aberdeen tru turn hooks in size 2/0. The only tru turn hooks I can find in this size are stronger hooks looking more suitable for catfishing or somelike that. Anybody using either of these wire hooks in this size?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    I cannot seem to find any hooks like I'd like to use for crappie fishing. I am wanting some bronze Eagle Claw wire aberdeen hooks (not the gold ones) in size 2/0 or preferrably some wire aberdeen tru turn hooks in size 2/0. The only tru turn hooks I can find in this size are stronger hooks looking more suitable for catfishing or somelike that. Anybody using either of these wire hooks in this size?
    I use #1 aberdeen hooks but I think this is what you are looking for. Page down to the 860ZS model. http://www.truturnhooks.com/cgi-bin/tti_store/web_store.cgi?product=truturn_hooks&cart_id=700385 9_31866$cart_id
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I have only used the tru turn hooks that are smaller....#1's I believe,and have had alot of problems with the fish swallowing the hooks. My normal hook size has always been 2/0 in the straight hooks (Eagle Claw brands) that were accessible in bronze or blue, but now all I can find locally in the wire hooks in 2/0 are the gold ones (which might not make a difference to the fish but I dont like 'em). The price of those hooks on the site you gave me are pricey along with the shipping charges. Oh well, maybe I can keep looking and run across something I wanna try. Thanks for your help IBNFSHN.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bass pro shops carries Mr. Crappie blood-red 2/0 which are a tru turn style hook!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i was able to find the tru-turn hooks in red at walmart locally. they were in the 25 pack. lol

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY