Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks

Thank's !!!
    I am new here and I appreciate the good communication, and exchange of info.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YALL !
    ["You All" for the yanks out there]
    Politicians should be required to wear their corporate sponsors uniform like NASCAR !

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Squall line. I'm sort of a newby here also.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, form one Newb to another. Glad to see more folks finding this site. I found it a few months ago and have already learned quite a bit. I hope to get out soon, looks like we'll have a few days of nice weather later this week here in the upstate.

Bowfin
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Line
    Thank's !!!
    I am new here and I appreciate the good communication, and exchange of info.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YALL !
    ["You All" for the yanks out there]
    Careful with the "y" word.I got in some hot water over that last year.It seems that the word yankee is very offensive to some.I found out the hard way.Merry Christmas to you as well....E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

big E I was surfing the web and read what you posted on some north dakota site,i loved it finally someone talking smack about bass keep up the good work! I guess here in missouri were like our brothers to the south if its 9+ inches its gonna join me for supper.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    big E I was surfing the web and read what you posted on some north dakota site,i loved it finally someone talking smack about bass keep up the good work! I guess here in missouri were like our brothers to the south if its 9+ inches its gonna join me for supper.
    Thats all I'm trying to say .I've done seen too many 2lb crappies pulled out of my home lake to think we're making a dent.And everyday someone pulls more out.Maybe thats irresponsible thinking on my part but my dad was pulling the same 2lb crappies out of this lake when I was just a boy.A 9 inch crappie is pretty common down here and thats not bragging at all as most folks catch more than me around here.Take care....E.

Post Thanks / Like

we have plenty 9 in crappie here in mo but when you start talking about 2 pounders thats another story.I have fished lake of the ozarks all my life and i have caught only one 2 pounders all i can say you southern guys are fortunate to have crappie like that.we have crappie in the pound to pound and a half range and on some days you can take a few like that home with you.Mo dept of conservation put a 9in length limit on lake of the ozarks back in the mid 80s with a daily limit of 15 trying to get the size of our fish up but i dont think there has been a real change.catch and release into your livewell!

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

we have plenty 9 in crappie here in mo but when you start talking about 2 pounders thats another story.I have fished lake of the ozarks all my life and i have caught only one 2 pounders all i can say you southern guys are fortunate to have crappie like that.we have crappie in the pound to pound and a half range and on some days you can take a few like that home with you.Mo dept of conservation put a 9in length limit on lake of the ozarks back in the mid 80s with a daily limit of 15 trying to get the size of our fish up but i dont think there has been a real change.catch and release into your livewell!
    You're very right in that we are fortunate to have such good fishing in our back yards.The funny thing is I only got into fishing a few years back even though my father fished every day of his life.It just never was my thing (no patience in my youth) but in the last few years I've become quite attached to it.Dont let me give you the impression that this is shangri la or anything , as I have plenty of bum trips.By the same token there are some guys around here that dont have too many bad days.Point being there are plenty of big fish in here , if you're skilled enough to find them consistantly.Take care bugman , and if you ever come south let us know and we'll try to put you on some fish....E.

Post Thanks / Like

I was fortunate enough to get to go to mississippi last spring and found out first hand what southern crappie fishing was all about,let's just say my wife had to drag me back kicking and screaming.the first crappie i hooked around one cypress trees was just under 2 lbs i knew then and there i would never miss a spring trip to the south as long as i live.tell me about some s.c lakes who knows maybe i'll come join you fellas this spring thanks jamie

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was fortunate enough to get to go to mississippi last spring and found out first hand what southern crappie fishing was all about,let's just say my wife had to drag me back kicking and screaming.the first crappie i hooked around one cypress trees was just under 2 lbs i knew then and there i would never miss a spring trip to the south as long as i live.tell me about some s.c lakes who knows maybe i'll come join you fellas this spring thanks jamie
    Lake wylie is my home lake and holds tons of big fish , but there are some monumental lakes around here that are legend with the locals.Stumpy pond is a small resevoir right behind lake wateree where they flooded a forest several years back and it is a crappie sanctuary , most guys troll down there but I have been itching to do some night stalking out there.Then you have norman and hickory above us and wateree to the south.Norman and wateree are cool in that you have a good shot at catching striper while crappie fishing.If you've never caught a striper on a 12' crappie rod , believe me it's great fun.All of these lakes are within close driving distance for me.There are tons of camp grounds and such around each of these lakes.So if you get the itch in the spring give us a holler we'd be glad to have yopu for a few days....E.