Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Report needed! Headed down tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Report needed! Headed down tomorrow

Anyone give me any updates on the LOZ bite? Will be fishing around the 8MM of main lake down to mouth of Gravois Arm. We were down May 22-24 and the crankbait bite was just getting started. Caught 2 limits each day by fishing docks in 20-25 ft of water on main lake and finished by pulling crankbaits. Best colors on jigs were blue ice, and Bayou Booger cranks: chrome/blue and fire tiger.

Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Pulling cranks is still working on LOZ. Fished yesterday 3 limits and some whites. Bandits Chrome/blue and fire tiger are best colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto. Cranks are working still. A little slower today than yesterday though.
    Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Night Bite was hot last time I went

Post Thanks / Like

For pulling cranks, are you pulling along bluffs, in front of docks, deep water, shallow or what? Bandit 200s/300s? I'm thinking of heading down this weekend, haven't been able to get away in a while so I need to get on the water. May hit either McCubbins area or up on the Gravois arm. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Deeper water. Best bite has been to troll in 25-35 ft of water. Running baits 12-15 feet down. Front of docks, Bluffs, near channel swings, over known brush/structure piles etc. Using all Bandit 300's. Best colors have been blue/crome, blue/white, fire tiger. Troll along until you find a good amount of shad, set the rigs and go back through the shad. Caught them morning and evening everyday last Fri-Sunday. Evening was a little better but not much. PM me if you want more info.