Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slip bobber size

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slip bobber size

What is the best size or make of slip bobber to support a 1/2 to 3/4 oz weight? But yet still be sensitive?

Post Thanks / Like

The big Thill balsa wagglers will support that much weight and can be shotted so that only 1/16" of the tip is sticking out of the water.

Do you really need 3/4 oz on a float rig, though? How deep are you fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Thill makes bobbers with the weight printed on the side of what it will hold. If you are going with that much weight you may have to go with the big orange or white foam bobbers to hold up that much weight properly and get action on the bobber. Don't think they have a slip bobber that holds that much weight. I use the 3/8 oz bobbers from thill and they work great with a 1/8 jig and up to 1/4 oz extra weight if needed.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

what I am fishing is basically a capps and coleman rig with out the top dropper line. Has a bank sinker about mid ways down tied in a loop knot with a #2 mustad light wire crappie hook with a bead and a size 0 Colorado blade. Minnows are ran on it, my buddy who fishes this rig uses a 1.5 oz bank sinker. I am just wanting to lighten up the weight where it is not so heavy. He uses a big red fish float on his set up just wanting to go lighter and hoping it will stay vertical enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigorange84 View Post
    what I am fishing is basically a capps and coleman rig with out the top dropper line. Has a bank sinker about mid ways down tied in a loop knot with a #2 mustad light wire crappie hook with a bead and a size 0 Colorado blade. Minnows are ran on it, my buddy who fishes this rig uses a 1.5 oz bank sinker. I am just wanting to lighten up the weight where it is not so heavy. He uses a big red fish float on his set up just wanting to go lighter and hoping it will stay vertical enough.
    If that's what you're doing, I would NOT use a waggler. I'd go with a big fish slider instead:

http://www.basspro.com/Thill-Gold-Me...product/46157/