Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stradic CI4 1000 ML (microline)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stradic CI4 1000 ML (microline)

I have found Nirvana with my tiny jig Crappie fishing! I use a St Croix Panfish Series UL spin rod (neat micro guides) and a Shimano Stardic CI4 with Nanofil line. I'm a fly tier, so I make all my own stuff!

I'm having a blast with the abundant crappie. I may have found perfection?

Anybody else use a Stradic CI4? or a St Croix Panfish Series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1oq1RUIRv4

Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with Shimano reels - it's the only brand spinning reel I have

Post Thanks / Like

So this would be different than the basic 1000 series? They said 150 yards of 4lb power pro so that's like 1lb diameter right? Nice set up by the way! Which model st croix did you get?

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano reels rule. Shakespeare rods rule too.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice rig indeed! What pound test Nano did you put on? I tried both the 2# test and the 4# test and gave up on it totally. Lost more jigs and fish than you can shake a stick at. All broke at the knot, regardless of whether or not I used a leader. Curious as to how it's working out for you.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I use a symetre on my st croix panfish. The shimanos do fit the panfish series very well! Being a longer rod (6'9") the 1000 series shimanos fit perfectly and balance very well.

I tried nanofil and did not like it either. It fished okay but broke easily. I just didnt care for it. I use yo zuri hybrid ultra soft 2# on mine now and love it. 600 yards for like $8 on ebay. My plan was to respool weekly, being so cheap, but I have not seen the need. I've been using it for 4 weeks now and it still has no memory. Its more like 4# though, has the diameter of 4# and breaks at around 5# on average. Casts small jigs well and has great sensitivity, no curls at all, and great strength. I typically use 1/80-1/32. Rarely over 1/32 so casting distance and accuracy is a concern. I was using seaguar red label 4# and it was very similar to this yo zuri, but cost about 6 times more. So for now I am using the yo-zuri.

The st. croix panfish series 6'9 UL is by far the best UL I have ever had my hands on. Simply fantastic.