Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushin Crank Setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushin Crank Setup

I am getting into cranks again and was wandering what kind of setup does everyone use for pushing crankbaits. Rod,line weight and anything that you can think of that might help. Thanks Buddy
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!
    Likes crappiebum_kc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

BnM pro staff rods 10# hi vis line I believe its scottyv on MS board makes and selling weights for pushing cranks

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

that be him
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ifish View Post
    I am getting into cranks again and was wandering what kind of setup does everyone use for pushing crankbaits. Rod,line weight and anything that you can think of that might help. Thanks Buddy
    I'm not set up for it, myself ... but I can tell you what many use up this way :

10-20ft poles

Line counter reels (Okuma MA 15DX : http://northwoodsoutlet.net/store/index.php? route=product/product&product_id=1920 )

30lb test Braid (main line) with snap swivel attached to tag end

1/2 - 4oz trolling weights (Crawdad's Fishing Tackle : http://www.crawdadsfishingtackle.com...ling&x=11&y=10 )

5ft leader lines of 6-8lb mono tied to trolling sinker, with a snap swivel attached (for crankbait)

1ft long sections of the large size (3"-5" ?) Pool Noodle ... split down one side to the center, then bound back together with cable ties. Trolling sinker can be pushed into split, then leader line wrapped around noodle & open snap swivel hook can be stuck into noodle to secure it.

And lots and lots of Bandit cranks

... cp

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smokercraft View Post
    BnM pro staff rods 10# hi vis line I believe its scottyv on MS board makes and selling weights for pushing cranks
    What he said....ScottV on the MS board sells some great rigs for pushing....they have three ounce trolling weights with swivels ....complete rig weight , leader, and snaps......they work great. Yep BnM Pro-Staff trolling rods and Okuma Magna Pro 15 line counter reels.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Buddy, I buy my weights at Ken's in Lake City. I use 5 oz weights on my dropper rods.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    What he said....ScottV on the MS board sells some great rigs for pushing....they have three ounce trolling weights with swivels ....complete rig weight , leader, and snaps......they work great. Yep BnM Pro-Staff trolling rods and Okuma Magna Pro 15 line counter reels.
    You are correct, Scott has em... He has 2, 3, and 4 ounce weights already rigged up and ready to push..
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use 2 crankbaits on the same line? That is what I am thinking about to cover more water column is 2 separate weights all tied together. Just playing around with some ideas. Thanks fellers!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use 2 crankbaits on the same line? That is what I am thinking about to cover more water column is 2 separate weights all tied together. Just playing around with some ideas. Thanks fellers!
    I think what you are proposing would require a pole/rod with the action of a pool stick or tiny crankbaits. I run my 2 dropper rods close to the console area of my boat so I can watch the baits on my Lowrance X510C fishfinder. If I see fish on it suspended at a certain depth, I can very easily adjust the bait up or down.

www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use 2 crankbaits on the same line?
    yes. shallow on short lead above the weight, diver on longer leader below the weight.
    Likes wilbur LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast