Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sardis Lake report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis Lake report

Fished Sardis yesterday for the first time, what a beautiful lake. I had to search for the fish but when I found them, I killed em. I started on the rap and standing timber, with only minimal results. Found some up lake. For some reason there was a concentration of fish along a particular 100 yard section of channel. I caught them on wood, in the flats, in 10-12 FOW next to the channel that was 25 deep. If you strayed more than 15 yards from the channel edge, no fish. I searched that type of pattern in numerous areas but only that one section had fish. I fished up and down that channel, both sides in what looked like the exact same set up without a bite. Ended up with 24 keepers 4 big ones, 1.5, 1.5, 1.63, 1.96. Fished everything in the box, the biggest, most visible jigs did best. Water vis was 10 inches, temp was 77 to 81, rained off and on. Name:  IMG_20140531_185343.jpg
Views: 3905
Size:  52.8 KBName:  IMG_20140531_185433.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  54.3 KBName:  IMG_20140531_120626.jpg
Views: 2470
Size:  47.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Fishers, awesome man! Way to hunt em down!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite lakes! I've fished it since the 80's. Just wish I could get down there more often.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Fishers!!! That's a pretty long drive for you, isn't it?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Fishers- when you go pro I will buy a seat in the boat. You could find fish in a flash flood or a Tulsa pothole. Way to go and thanks for setting the proper weights and measures example for the children. I just hope that Ledge is paying attention.
    Likes dstreet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

And Tulsa has plenty of em! Nice catch report!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Its 2 hours and 15 min. Not bad for some of the lakes I fish. Wister is 3.5 and kaw is 2.5 for me. It is one of the prettiest lakes in Oklahoma I think. I am definitely going back, but its kind of weird how I could only find the one spot that had a decent concentration of fish. I wonder if its always like that. If anybody fishes it on a regular basis and has any thoughts about the spotty fishing I would sure like to hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have never fished Sardis, but I worked in that area about twice a month in the early 80's. We would eat lunch at the dam, and laugh as guys would try to haul those BIG old crappie up to the top of the tower. The walkway around the tower was as crowded as the dock at Carl Blackwell was this year. Everyone was constantly hooked up, but probably 60% of the fish came unbuttoned on the way up. Eventually somebody brought an open basket on a rope, and then everybody had one. Watching the baskets get tangled up was almost as interesting as watching the fish plummet back into the water.
    Very nice report, Fishers.
    Likes dstreet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For the last few years I've only gotten down there about once a year for a few days at a time. I've caught Crappie in all the major drainage creeks and main lake channels leading to them. My most productive areas have been in the Anderson Creek and South Jackfork Creek channels. I've heard of lots caught in the Buffalo Creek channel but it's sort of a pain for me to get to as I camp at Sardis Cove and launch from that area. It is the prettiest campground on a pretty lake. I have caught good crappie on the Cemetary road rip rap and standing timber next to it. I find it difficult to pattern Crappie on Sardis but a look at a topo map will probably tell you why. The whole lake is full of underwater humps and structure. Here is a camp site photo from a few years ago although I usually stay in an RV.
    Name:  002.jpg
Views: 1820
Size:  51.8 KB
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER
    Likes Crappie ciller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I used to hammer em down there during the hottest part of the summer.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast