Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obituary for

Post Thanks / Like

Default Obituary for

our 2006 Evinrude: Date of death was May 3, 2014 at the age of 454 hours. Cause of death: she done blew up.

She is being replaced by a new Yamaha 200 hp 4 stroke. ETA is 2 - 3 weeks.

Sometimes, bad things just happen and evidently it was our turn. Yep, this is the Ranger that we just bought back in November. We knew that we would repower the boat at some point, just didn't expect it this darn soon! Thank goodness for friends and friends of friends who helped us find a motor for a good deal.

You know, you always take a risk when you buy something used. We did our research, we test drove it and this still happened. We would have a preferred a Yammy to begin with, but after months of looking we made a compromise to get the boat we wanted. The mechanic said that the prior owner could have never known about this, so I'm not gonna waste energy second guessing whether or not he may have known about it. It sucks to spend more money so soon, but once this new motor is on, it'll be all good and we can get back to enjoying ourselves.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. Will you be able to part out the Rude and recoup some of the funding for the new one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You are going to love the Yammer Hammer!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate it your motor blew up but I am glad that you are getting a new Yamaha Four stroke......I think you will be very pleased with it
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping we can part out the old one and at least recoup a little bit. Yep, we've always had good experiences with Yammies. That 115 4 stroke on the Predator was great. This is the new inline 4 cylinder, I think it came out in 2012. The reviews we've found have been good.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry for your loss, was afraid after letting Yikes ride in it that day on Nader that it were doomed. Hopefully the new one will serve yall well and help keep the truck in its own lane while being trailered across the dam!!!!!!
    Sounds like yalls awesome rig is fixxin to become a more awesome rig!!!!!!!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes Mrs. Crappie Stalker LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your bad luck.

I can identify with your feelings. I bought a truck in Texas that was exactly what I wanted and $7000 less than locally. After I had it for a few months, I took it to my local mechanic who promptly broke a spark plug off and dropped the pieces into the motor. That cost me a bunch but less than a lawyer would have set me back to take the guy to court. The motor then self destructed and I ended up with a new engine that just happened to cost me the exact amount I saved on going to TX for the truck. Go figure.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

May God bless, RIP, our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of need.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The last (2) Yamaha's that I have had are "JUNK"!

Monk

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the sad news Vonna. Hope the financial pain is held to a minimum. Good luck with the new one.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast