Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Rick

Hey Rick:

I would have sent this to you in a PM but since you rarely read them and I’m not sure you can access them right now while you’re banned I’ll have to post it here.

My intentions are merely to help you “see the light” and maybe reduce the risk of similar unfortunate situations for you or other members in the future.

I suppose you’re still feeling sorry for yourself and picked on and there may be a member or two that aren’t in agreement with your banishment. But while you’re not able to make any posts here for a while you might take time to reflect back on your situation.

This board has an interesting and useful search feature where you can look back and see what folks have posted in the past. I’ve done a little searching and it’s not too hard to see why you get a negative reaction from other members when you start up with your outlandish, unsubstantiated claims.

I didn’t find any posts where anyone had any negative comments about any of the few pictures you’ve posted so your “catch 22” excuse is bogus.

I did however find several posts where you had derogatory comments about other member’s pictures or posts like calling their fish “beans” - meaning small fish - or where you insinuated that the fish in other member’s pictures aren’t really as big as they appear because of the way the picture was taken.

You claim to have been guiding for years but made a post last November stating that you were at that time just “thinking about guiding”.

You offer your unsolicited “constructive” criticism but get all bent out of shape when somebody makes a suggestion to you or questions your veracity.

You offer to take people fishing but only if they don’t have a boat or don’t live near “your” lake because you don’t want anyone else fishing “your spots”. That comes across as being a bit selfish don’t you think?

Just so you know, we all “get it” that Grenada and several other Mississippi lakes have some really big crappie in them. In fact most, if not all of us, already knew that before you endeavored to enlighten us. That’s great, we’re happy for you! I’d like to get down that way myself someday.

Crappie.com is intended for the use of those that want to share their crappie fishing experiences and to help and support other members in the great sport of crappie fishing. There’s no benefit in getting into “My lake has bigger crappie in it than your lake does” or “I can catch more and bigger fish than you can” arguments. There’s a time and a place for such called “Crappie Tournaments”.

There are a thousand ways of catching crappie and a wide variety of lakes and rivers they inhabit. If a person thinks they have to “limit out” on huge crappie every time they go fishing to be successful they are going to be disappointed most of the time. If they can’t enjoy their time on the water and appreciate what they do catch and what THEIR lakes produce, they’re missing the whole point as far as I’m concerned. Sharing what we’ve learned and learning from other’s experiences is a lot of fun too and that’s what Crappie.com is all about.

Anyway, have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving holiday. I’m looking forward to seeing pictures of your catches and hearing about your fishing trips when you get back on Crappie.com.

If you want to reach me my email address is [email protected] and my phone number is 501-844-9028.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN!!!!!!! Great post.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Jerry. I enjoyed seeing pics from Mississippi seen some good size crappie in them.I'm new here and I have tried to enjoy other web sites who Moderators failed the members of the sites by not controling the attitudes of a few and it ruined it for me and I no longer visit them. It wasn't worth the time to wade through all the junk. I really like this site and commend the Mods of the site for trying to keep it family oriented.There is a lot of youngsters out there that could really learn a lot from the folks in here and not only about fishing. I hope every ones live wells are full this weekend. good luck and go fishing from OKLAHOMA.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

it was about time he got band
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily I am not the Rick this was posted for. Great post. I like the part about "If you think you have to catch a limit every time". I am happy and content to just go a catch enough to have a nice dinner. Its all about the enjoyment to me. And I really enjoy reading the posts on this site.

Rick
    Last edited by Rick1971; 11-23-2006 at 09:44 AM.
    Love to fish. Give thanks to God for ALL things.

Post Thanks / Like

You just said everything i was thinking...it was obvious who was the bigger man in the last situation ya'll had.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Well said. Personally, I think an apology is in order, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

keep on keepin on Jerry I enjoy your posts.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry all i got to say about the whole ordeal is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It sure is quiet and pleasant in here now:D

billabong Guest

Jerry, your the class of the board. Why keep showing your not? Your calling out someone you just said was banned? Talking about someone who can't "defend" himself. Makes alot of sense. Let it go Jerry. I mean why call this guy out by NAME if you know he's banned? Just doesn't make sense. UNLESS you want us to know how powerful you are on this here internet. I'm impressed and also have a new impression of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast