Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig Head Shapes

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Jig Head Shapes

I GUESS i HAVE JUST ABOUT EVERY JIG HEAD SHAPE IN MY BOXES THAT HAVE EVER BEEN MADE. Some of them are too old to even talk about.

my question is, is one shape head better than others? If so why?

this has bothered me somewhat and i would appreciate some help THANKS

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

Post Thanks / Like

Default different strokes at different times

This is my take on the ?....I use different style heads at different times in different situations....I mean a standard roundhead has been the norm for years....and still is....then there is the pill/aspirin head....it is good in current situations and on a yoyo pattern as they dont fall straight down but go from side to side in a rocking motion...darter head....cuts swift water well and is a good head for trolling or a fast retrieve...then you have the weight forwards that make the baits nose dive....good in standing timber when they are in deep water along the base of the trees.....you also have the minnow heads that not only look good but make baits and jigs look more natural...and then there are the weedless varieties of all of the above.....and thats another chapter....lol..this list is endless..but again this is just my two cents....lol...

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried just about all of them and have found that the round head works best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Confidence in your jighead is what matters most IMO. I use the ballhead a lot and the darterhead for certain places. I like the minnow heads on certain lures for the right presentation that works for me.

the next generation of slabhunters

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything that will fit inside a tube bait works for me. I use round head or the long insert head all the time. I use large tube baits exclusively.:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs