PDA

View Full Version : How about an Ohio Crappie Camp next spring

Ohio Angler
11-22-2006, 08:04 AM
I am fairly new to crappie fishing so last spring I made a trip to Lake Greeson in Arkansas for their Crappie camp that I read about on this site.It was a great time.Lots of info shared.Great people.Fish fries at night.No tournament involved.Just a get together.Since the Arkansas crappie camp I've noticed several other states have had them.Louisiana,Missouri,Tennessee.Mississippi is talking about having one next spring.I would sure like to see Ohio have something similar on one of the better lakes here in the buckeye state.It does'nt have to be huge and elaborate.Just a get together preferably at a state park on a lake during the pre-spawn or the spawn.I am just curious if anyone else is interested in something along the lines of this.Lets here some feedback!

bttmline
11-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Hello Ohio Angler,
I have also mentioned this on my Eastern Buckeye Crappie Club forum above. I think this would be a great thing. Somewhere centrally located so many of us can be within 2-3 hr drive. If I start doing some research, are there others interested. I already have some ideas for some of the week-end events.
Tim
Tim

OhioMike
12-07-2006, 05:49 PM
If it doesn't interfer with my tourny schedule I would come

Crappiecounts
12-11-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm a newbie to crappie fishing and would love a chance to get out and learn some new techniques from some long time crappie experts. I currently live just down the road from Delaware Res. I have the opportunity to get out and Fish. Right now I'm reading everything I can about Crappie fishing. I hope to pick enough Crappie smarts to fish in one of the local tournaments. I'm in on the Crappie Camp

averse
12-13-2006, 11:14 AM
i'd be up for that too depending on location and date because of my college schedule.

hawghunter
12-17-2006, 06:10 AM
would be interested in camp .just so it doesnt interfer with my work schedule

misfit
12-21-2006, 07:44 PM
just noticed this thread.i'm game if something comes of it.

while on the subject(sort of)i've got a little get together set up for new years day at hoover.just some fun for crazy people to break the winter doldrums.a lil' fishin',food&fun to bring in the new year.
fish for whatever you like or just hang out.this will be my 4th year doing this and we had several people/boats last year.looks like a bigger turnout may be possible this year.

bttmline
01-19-2007, 01:37 PM
:confused: I was at Buckeye Outdoors yesterday. Thought maybe Buckeye Lake would be a place to consider for the crappie camp. But I don't feel that the guy was taking me very serious so the research continues. I did not like his attitude. Even my partner thought he was a little rude.
Tim

Dawg48
01-19-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm in but I will be staying at a local motel at night, hope you all don't mind me hanging around your camps in the evening... lol

Later
Dawg 48 :cool: