Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Advice needed For a couple jig trolling rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice needed For a couple jig trolling rods

I want to do more jig trolling and need a couple more rods. I currently have a 10 foot BnM Bucks graphite pole which seems to work ok. I think I want another 10 and maybe an 8 to stagger below it.

I usually pull a 1/16th or 1/8th jig from my side mounted rod holders. I use spinning reels but my BnM rod has a small line guide for a casting reel? I want the new rods to work with small spinning reels.

Any recs for rods?

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion you cant go wrong with southern crappie rods. They are a little bit stiffer than a BGJP. I have used the B&Ms but I like the southern rods better. Ed Dukes is a great guy to deal with. He does make 8 and 10ft rods to I believe. www.southerncrappierods.com if it were me I would look at the 12 or 14ft all the way around. Simply to get further away from the boat.
    Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The BnM Crappie Wizard rods comes in 7.5' and 10' I know the 7.5' has spinning eyes on it but not sure bout the 10'

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coreymassey View Post
    The BnM Crappie Wizard rods comes in 7.5' and 10' I know the 7.5' has spinning eyes on it but not sure bout the 10'
    I too recommend the crappie wizard rods but i use the 12ft in front, 10 1/2ft second and 7 1/2ft third, from the same side. We're only allowed 3 rods per person here in PA. This setup gets the job done. The 10.6 is the Russ bailey model. The other 2 are Richard Williams models.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacale limit rod's. 8's 10's and 12's. Get 4 for 60.00 dollars from Grizzly Jig or Monk's crappie.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

The BGJP's are a little too flimsy for me while longlining and prefer the B&M PST's. I have them from 18' to 8'. I try to stagger mine at 4' intervals, 2' gets a little to tight for me.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle