Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose

You were asking how long it took to get to Canepole's place. I really can't tell you because i came to the supper first. It took me a hair over three and a half hours to get there. I got a late start as you remember and got through Nashville(Home of the most tore up roads in the southeast). Once it got dark, i took my foot out of the gas because it is so rural from there to Jackson, that there are deer everywhere. In the daytime, i easily cruise at 85, but i think I set in at 70 or 72 that night. Then once i got off the interstate, I really slowed down because that was my virgin trip on that road and plenty of prime deer country. In the daylight i could make it in probably 45 minutes less. I clocked the mileage, seems like it was right at 190 miles, because i remembered that Atlanta is 187 from my house. I could get to Toms house now because of the way he took me out the back way to get home. Hope any of this doesn't offend in any way, shape form or fashion. I post one 2 letter response today and the whole world flew apart. Geez. Take care. Have fun in the snow and stay out of the Zima's.

Post Thanks / Like

fatboy you just have a way with words
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brother Wood, hope you don't have this family curse either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    fatboy you just have a way with words
    Don't be jokin around about how somebody talks crap-king..........there was a mod got his shorts all in a wad this morning over joking around about how someone talked. :D
    'Carpe Diem' does not mean "fish of the day."

Post Thanks / Like

Attitude, i know crap-king, he is a good guy. He knows how to take me, i hope.

Post Thanks / Like

fatboy..........you see the smiley at the end of my post? For future reference, that means I am joking around.
    'Carpe Diem' does not mean "fish of the day."

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose, we love you.

Moose of the woods ( something like bull of the woods).
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

We are about the same distance from CP summer house. Stay warm and dry. As for the Zima's I picked up a new six pack last night. They are sitting in my small room refrigerator that sits right next to my computer. That is where I am now. I can reach back and open the door to the frig from my computer chair. It's cold outside but I have heat turned up in the house plus I have a small electric heater right behind my computer chair. We are going to be getting more snow this evening. I suspect that these 6 zima's won't last me more than two or three days. I would hate to have to open up the Case of Coor's Light Beer that also sits in that room refrigerator behind my computer chair. LOL

I hear you on the deer. I slowed down to about 55 mph on the way back home. I was not in a big hurry to get back home and had a full thermos of coffee that Honey let me make at Tom's house. So I took my time. Beside I was blowing a 25 fuse ever 30 minutes and had to pull over an put a new fuse in the fuse box so that my interior lights and tail lights would work. I told you how I was working on my truck along the side of I24. I was laying on my back under the trailer using one of those small mini flashlights to check the wiring. With big semi's going pass me at 75mph and only 6 feet away it was sort of scary. I found the loose wire that was shorting out. It was the side marker light's hot wire that had come loose and was hanging down. When I was underway the wire would be blown back and hit the metal of the trailer and blow the fuse. It only happed when I was moving. I was lucky to find that wire and get it fixed as I was running out of 25 amp blue fuses. I had purchased two boxes of them since I had this problem all though Sept but could not figure out the cause. I thought it was a broken wire at the plug where it connects to my truck. That was another spot where the wires got pinched when I was backing the trailer and got it jacked knifed too far. The wiring harness got caugth betweent the trailer's tong and my trucks bumber and cut though some of the wires. I fixed that problem but still was having the blown fuses. It seemed like ever time I got home from a fishing trip the fuse would be blown again. It's fixed now though.

Bottom line is that when there are not deers' to doge and no problems with the electrical system I can make it to Tom's house in about 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    You were asking how long it took to get to Canepole's place. I really can't tell you because i came to the supper first. It took me a hair over three and a half hours to get there. I got a late start as you remember and got through Nashville(Home of the most tore up roads in the southeast). Once it got dark, i took my foot out of the gas because it is so rural from there to Jackson, that there are deer everywhere. In the daytime, i easily cruise at 85, but i think I set in at 70 or 72 that night. Then once i got off the interstate, I really slowed down because that was my virgin trip on that road and plenty of prime deer country. In the daylight i could make it in probably 45 minutes less. I clocked the mileage, seems like it was right at 190 miles, because i remembered that Atlanta is 187 from my house. I could get to Toms house now because of the way he took me out the back way to get home. Hope any of this doesn't offend in any way, shape form or fashion. I post one 2 letter response today and the whole world flew apart. Geez. Take care. Have fun in the snow and stay out of the Zima's.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe someone would post that they drink zima's.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Coors lite is OK
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast