Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Ride of Pride 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memorial Day Ride of Pride 2014

Each year prior to Memorial Day Freightliner builds a truck to honor and remember men and women of The United States Armed Forces that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country as well as remembering POW/MIA and honoring active military. This year two trucks were built. I work for Freightliner and had the honor and privilege to drive one of the trucks again this year to many establishments throughout North & South Carolina. It was an experience I will never forget. This years Schneider Freightliner is now being driven to Washington, D.C. by a Veteran driver for Memorial Day along with six other Ride of Pride trucks from past years. It was the first time all of these trucks were assembled in one location and it was quite a sight to see them all drive out together after the ceremony at the plant. I take time this Memorial Day to remember all who gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can enjoy all of the freedoms we do each day. While remembering them, I would also like to say "Thank You" to all Veterans and active military for their service. Attached are some pics of the trucks from various locations. Two of the pictures contain Veterans from Richard's Coffee Shop in Mooresville, NC enjoying the trucks.

Name:  100_0942.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  67.8 KB
    Name:  100_0922.jpg
Views: 2876
Size:  52.4 KB
    Name:  100_0923.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  42.9 KB
    Name:  100_0953.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  44.1 KB
    Name:  100_0950.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  44.1 KB
    Name:  0523141102a.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  49.9 KB
    Name:  0523141103b.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  43.9 KB
    Last edited by Jig'n4Crappie; 05-26-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    "A man deserves a second chance, but keep an eye on him"
    --John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Does the company own these trucks, or have they been sold to private operators? I would love to see these trucks out on the roads of this nation on a daily basis. It is much to easy to forget for 364 days a out of each year..........

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it is sometimes easy to forget the remaining 364 days of the year and the lives that were given as we enjoy all of the freedoms we do each day. The company(Freightliner) does not own these trucks. Schneider actually picked this years unit up Friday and put it into service after a ceremony @ the truck manufacturing plant with all of the employees. He is a 26-1/2 year Air Force Veteran. He is a great guy and is taking great pride with his new truck! All seven units are owned by Schneider & are operated by their United States Veteran drivers. Some of the customers even have designed matching trailers for their trucks. It is my understanding that a great number of Schneider drivers are Veterans which is awesome. Each new truck does not haul freight during it's first year of service. The driver takes awesome care of their truck and attends events all over the United States. After having lunch with the drivers this past Friday, it was very humbling to hear each of their stories of how these trucks have touched the lives of Veterans and everyday citizens which have lost loved ones in the line of duty. These trucks are out on the interstates & highways on a regular basis. Actually, we see them regularly on I-77 & I-85. As far as the Cargo Transport unit, I personally delivered it today to the customer after it was driven in a Memorial Day parade yesterday. It will also be driven by a United States Veteran. It is my understanding that there are other large trucking companies that are wanting trucks like this in the near future. Keep an eye out and hopefully you will see them during their travels.
    Last edited by Jig'n4Crappie; 05-27-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    --John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

nice pictures, thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Iwannafish, this may answer your question better than I have answered it. I have also included a link below the video which contains more videos about these special trucks.

http://schneiderjobs.com/company-dri.../ride-of-pride
    --John Wayne

Likes dfar LIKED above post

shane1980 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Jign4crappie!!! I will be in touch. Got some more things coming down the pipe!!

Post Thanks / Like

OUTSTANDING!!!!! Thanks for posting and the pics.

Post Thanks / Like

dfar & JET4, you are quite welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it.
    --John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

This retired army vet thanks you.

Post Thanks / Like

That's one of the most awesome things I've seen. My son and I thank you.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast