Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question specific to Driftmaster Spider Rig system

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question specific to Driftmaster Spider Rig system

How easy is it to remove the Drift master spider rig from your front deck? Can the basebmount remain but the post and rod holder bar/holders are removed?

I want to be able to switch from crappie to bass to trolling with big motor quickly and easily without having the spiderbrigbin the way.

Something like the Mr Crappie spider rig is an alternative I am looking at.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can remove the spider rig. All that will remain is a flat base.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

You should look at the spider loks .

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the bases are threaded, so ... yeah, you can remove them easily. It would be more time consuming to remove the single rod holders, if you had 6 or 8 of them. And you have to order left threaded holders/bases for use on left side of boat -- rt threaded for right side use. And you have to choose which size rod handle holder you want. And the singles are not adjustable up/down ... you have to order the degree of angle (that they make) you want each holder to be.

Mr Crappie spider rig system is heavy duty "plastic".

Personally, I'd be more inclined to look at the Hi-tek rod holder system (Extreme Series). http://www.hitekstuff.com/index.html
    Even the Cumberland Crappie 360 model or a set of BeeReady rod holders look to be more easily adjusted & as stout as any (& probably much stouter than the Mr Crappie system).

... cp
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Cardsfan55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I realize it "can" be removed but the question is how easily? All of the metal rigs seem like you have to spin the entire rig off since its threaded. The Mr Crappie setup uses a quick connect and my buddy has one. It's sturdy. Just because it's plastic and has some give isn't an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

The driftmaster t 250's are very easy to remove!!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the plastic ones and wasn't impressed. There are several mfg of GOOD rod holders that quick change from one setup to another or out completely. I use Hi-Tek's extreme model, one of our sponsors, and like em fine. I troll, spider rig, drift and deep jig and they are out with the turn of one bolt. Some I had in the past took 3 tools to adjust. They have a very low profile base that they slide into, I have 9 bases positioned around the boat. Not all are created equal, so shop some and don't let the bottom line dictate your choice. You're gonna have em a long time.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

on Hi-tek you loosen base screw, slide out, done. base plate is flat so no tripping over it
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Crappie holders mount to a flat base. Only have to loosen two screws to remove the entire rig. Takes less than a minute to remove. In fact, I have an extra set of bases mounted in the back of the boat, and just move my rigs from the front to the back to pull cranks. Very simple and efficient.

Post Thanks / Like

SpyderLoks, another option
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast