Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: River coming up, need mileage estimates.

Post Thanks / Like

Default River coming up, need mileage estimates.

I have a few guys wanting to train Sunday, how far is it if we keep just on the side of the channel with minimal short cuts from Sparrowfoot to Bucksaw and Bucksaw to Long Shoal? I've paddled both and can't for the life of me remember.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Hot Spots map says Sparrow Foot to Bucksaw 20 miles + - , Bucksaw to Long Shoal 16 miles + -. Sounds like a good way to get a yak run over by a water maggot to me!

RHB

Post Thanks / Like

I've never checked, but I know the paper maps give mileages from the center of the channel

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is like 19 1/2. I have made that run a few times but a little more power than a paddle. Right at 17 minutes buoy to buoy but I cheat and cut the island at each end and get a few of these Also cutting the area by the tracks instead of following it around the channel makes it a little shorter also. May have to run it in the new boat and see how much time I can cut off of it. I need to get your $100 maps out and see for sure what it says for mileage I will try and remember to put them in the truck in case I run into you this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Sparrowfoot to Bucksaw: 14.2
    Bucksaw to Long Shoal: 12.2

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ran out to the truck to have a look at Gordon's new maps. Sparrowfoot swim beach is the 42 mile marker. Bucksaw is the 22 Mile marker. So 20 miles if you stay right in the channel the whole way. Taking the shortcuts can save a guy several miles. I will start a trail/track next time I make the run and then try and figure out how to measure it on the Humminbird. It will record the time it takes and mileage that I run.