Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts Against San Diego Chargers. Payton Manning Vs Drew Brees.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indianapolis Colts Against San Diego Chargers. Payton Manning Vs Drew Brees.

Well since no one is talking about crappie fishing around here how about a Tennesse vs Purdue Foot ball game discussion. Will the former Purdue All American QB be able to beat the Former TN all American QB.

I am putting my money on Dree this time. Strickly based on what I know he can do. Although I must admit that I don't get to watch Pro Football that much and haven't a clue as to how good or bad the other guys on the team will be. But I know that this year Dree is running on all 12 cylinders.

It should be a great game to watch. We need something to do while waiting for all this snow to melt. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Well since no one is talking about crappie fishing around here how about a Tennesse vs Purdue Foot ball game discussion. Will the former Purdue All American QB be able to beat the Former TN all American QB.

I am putting my money on Dree this time. Strickly based on what I know he can do. Although I must admit that I don't get to watch Pro Football that much and haven't a clue as to how good or bad the other guys on the team will be. But I know that this year Dree is running on all 12 cylinders.

It should be a great game to watch. We need something to do while waiting for all this snow to melt. LOL
    Moose,
    I will be there Sunday 3 rows off the field to watch Payton break the record! Can't wait.....treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peyton Manning is a cry baby

I am not much of a NFL fan, the games just aren't that exciting. I am a big time college football fan, and loyal Purdue fan. I was at Purdue during Brees' entire time there, and I too know what Drew is capable of. Each week I look forward to cheering on any team that plays the Colts. Colts fan = oxy moron. Up until about 5 years ago there was no such thing as a Colt's fan, other than maybe the players parents. I do know this Peyton is a cry bay who is over payed and over rated, it is never his fault. Peyton plays by the textbook which is good in theory but doesn't work on the field. So what if he is going to break the record, it is not hard to throw a 5 yard touchdown pass, Marino's passes were for much longer distances. I am looking forward to another Colt's loss in the playoffs to end all the bandwagon Colt's hype. And the funniest thing about Peyton is that he never won a national championship at Tennessee, and the very next year after he left Tennessee won it, the same will hold true with the Colts, they will never win a title so long as Peyton Manning is playing there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie66
    I am not much of a NFL fan, the games just aren't that exciting. I am a big time college football fan, and loyal Purdue fan. I was at Purdue during Brees' entire time there, and I too know what Drew is capable of. Each week I look forward to cheering on any team that plays the Colts. Colts fan = oxy moron. Up until about 5 years ago there was no such thing as a Colt's fan, other than maybe the players parents. I do know this Peyton is a cry bay who is over payed and over rated, it is never his fault. Peyton plays by the textbook which is good in theory but doesn't work on the field. So what if he is going to break the record, it is not hard to throw a 5 yard touchdown pass, Marino's passes were for much longer distances. I am looking forward to another Colt's loss in the playoffs to end all the bandwagon Colt's hype. And the funniest thing about Peyton is that he never won a national championship at Tennessee, and the very next year after he left Tennessee won it, the same will hold true with the Colts, they will never win a title so long as Peyton Manning is playing there.
    You are both correct in your assessments of Drew , however alot of people seem to choke when the going gets tough. I too agree that little Drew is not playing up to his capabilities but guess what? Peyton Is!!!!! And he is about to go way above his expectations and I personally don't see how any one can knock his abilities. He is not only capable of achieving goals but is thriving at it!!! And as far as being over paid..... He is doing exactly what he is being paid for....Winning!!!! And as far as touchdown passes vs distance I think maybe someone here on this site needs to go back and review some tapes.....And as far as being a crybaby goes, I had to wring out that last post as it was soaking wet with tears ......Go figure........ GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!......treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that Drew Brees is not is a choker. He won't choke and he won't quit until the last buzzer or whistle has blown. When I saw him lead Purdue to victories over the big ten leaders he convinced me that he was a fighter.

Payton Manning is a fighter also so it should be a great game to watch.

I started watching pro football games when I was only about 7 or 8 years old if memory serves me right. The first game I watched was on a black and white TV and the teams were wearing white or black jerseys. I chose the team with the white jerseys and it was the Baltimore Colts. Can't remember who the other team was but back then there were not many teams as there are today. It was probably the Green Bay Packers or the Chicago Bears or one of the first teams. They were playing in the cold and Johny Unitas was the QB. I followed that colts ever since. But not until they came to IN did I really want them to win.

We never get to watch Drew play much here where I live. I very seldom see the Chargers on tv here. Not sure why or maybe I just have not been paying attention. Anyway I will always enjoy watching Drew throw the football and scramble for another first down.

Now the main reason I started this thread was to see if there were any hoosier out there reading the Indiana State Crappie USA board. I can't believe that there are only three people from IN using this board.

Where are all the hoosiers these days?

Quote Originally Posted by treepotato
    You are both correct in your assessments of Drew , however alot of people seem to choke when the going gets tough. I too agree that little Drew is not playing up to his capabilities but guess what? Peyton Is!!!!! And he is about to go way above his expectations and I personally don't see how any one can knock his abilities. He is not only capable of achieving goals but is thriving at it!!! And as far as being over paid..... He is doing exactly what he is being paid for....Winning!!!! And as far as touchdown passes vs distance I think maybe someone here on this site needs to go back and review some tapes.....And as far as being a crybaby goes, I had to wring out that last post as it was soaking wet with tears ......Go figure........ GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!......treepotato
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colt Fan

Hey,
    I've been a colt fan (non bandwagon) fan since they came to Indy. Win or lose I have been behind the colts since the start of the the Indiana era. You need to give credit where credit is due. Manning is one heck of a qb. I now live in Tn. and have never and never will be a UT fan. Marino was a heck of a good qb also. I dislike Purdue, but I respect their programs and refuse to bash them. All of the former great qb's, former and present sports commentators think that P. Manning will be one of the great QB's that the NFL will see. His numbers speak for themself. Enjoy P. Mannings work ethic , talent, and success. It has been a long time coming to the colt organization.
    Stuck in Titan Country, TODD

Post Thanks / Like

Moose - It looks like the over paid/over rated cry baby came through when he had to. lol
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good game. I missed the parts where the Chargers went up by two touchdowns as I was out shoveling the snow off my driveway. Then I had to push three stuck cars up the hill so that they could get out of the cul de sac that I live on. I live at the top of the hill and every time it snows cars come up this hill in front of my house and stop for the stupid stop sign and the intersection and then can't make it up the hill and make the turn out onto the main roadway. So they end up sliding over into my hard and tearing my my lawn. So I have to go out and help push them up the hill if I want them to not slide over into my yard. I hate snow.

Drew played well and that last interception he threw was caused by one of the Rushing Colt's linemen hitting his arm as he let the ball go. The ball was thrown about 10 years behind his receiver thus the interception. No one noticed that except for me I guess. Payton Manning is a very good QB but I think that Drew showed everyone that he too can throw the football as well as anyone.

I came back in the house right when the Colts got a touchdown and then the Chargers got their own touchdown with the little shovel pass. Then they had that runback for the TD on the kickoff. That changed the momentum of the game.

I don't like the sudden death overtimes that the pro's use. I think that they should play the entire 20 minutes and then the winner at the end of overtime should win the game. But the way they do it now is that team that wins the coin toss and gets the ball first scores and that is it. That sucks if you ask me. I like the college football overtime system better. At least both teams get the chance to try to score and only if you fail to score do you lose. Sudden death I dont' like and don't really think it's a fair system.

Got to give Patyton and the Colts there due as they played well and made a great comeback. I was hoping that SD would win this won simply because Drew was the Qb but I was not hurt that the Colt won as I like that team also. Got to root for the team that resides in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieken
    Moose - It looks like the over paid/over rated cry baby came through when he had to. lol
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default OT Changes

Moose,
    I agree that the OT rules in the NFL stink. Too much emphasis is put on a coin toss. It is about the way you play the game, not about who is a better guesser at a flip of a coin. The NFL needs to change that rule. I do like the way college football does the OT. Each team gets their chance regardless of the coin toss. The end is decided by the players playing and not the coin toss. I dislike college football due to the BCS system. Auburn got screwed this year because they were not as good as the other two unbeatens last year. I refuse to be a collge football fan until they fix the playoff/bowl system. The nfl needs to fix their OT rules. I like me against the crappie anyway! I may go out and get skunked, but I still have fun and learn each and every time! Todd

It was a good game. I missed the parts where the Chargers went up by two touchdowns as I was out shoveling the snow off my driveway. Then I had to push three stuck cars up the hill so that they could get out of the cul de sac that I live on. I live at the top of the hill and every time it snows cars come up this hill in front of my house and stop for the stupid stop sign and the intersection and then can't make it up the hill and make the turn out onto the main roadway. So they end up sliding over into my hard and tearing my my lawn. So I have to go out and help push them up the hill if I want them to not slide over into my yard. I hate snow.

Drew played well and that last interception he threw was caused by one of the Rushing Colt's linemen hitting his arm as he let the ball go. The ball was thrown about 10 years behind his receiver thus the interception. No one noticed that except for me I guess. Payton Manning is a very good QB but I think that Drew showed everyone that he too can throw the football as well as anyone.

I came back in the house right when the Colts got a touchdown and then the Chargers got their own touchdown with the little shovel pass. Then they had that runback for the TD on the kickoff. That changed the momentum of the game.

I don't like the sudden death overtimes that the pro's use. I think that they should play the entire 20 minutes and then the winner at the end of overtime should win the game. But the way they do it now is that team that wins the coin toss and gets the ball first scores and that is it. That sucks if you ask me. I like the college football overtime system better. At least both teams get the chance to try to score and only if you fail to score do you lose. Sudden death I dont' like and don't really think it's a fair system.

Got to give Patyton and the Colts there due as they played well and made a great comeback. I was hoping that SD would win this won simply because Drew was the Qb but I was not hurt that the Colt won as I like that team also. Got to root for the team that resides in Indiana.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colts

Well, It looks as though they left what ever energy they had left on the field in Denver. Because they did'nt take any to New England with them. And they set another record. The first team to score over 500 points in the regular season and not score more than three in a play off game!!! Go figure :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunter
    Moose,
    I agree that the OT rules in the NFL stink. Too much emphasis is put on a coin toss. It is about the way you play the game, not about who is a better guesser at a flip of a coin. The NFL needs to change that rule. I do like the way college football does the OT. Each team gets their chance regardless of the coin toss. The end is decided by the players playing and not the coin toss. I dislike college football due to the BCS system. Auburn got screwed this year because they were not as good as the other two unbeatens last year. I refuse to be a collge football fan until they fix the playoff/bowl system. The nfl needs to fix their OT rules. I like me against the crappie anyway! I may go out and get skunked, but I still have fun and learn each and every time! Todd
    rzh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast