Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: today is the

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default today is the

day we stick flags looks like a good day
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes DRPEPPER, Cane Pole, crappiepappa, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

-We don't need no stinkin' minners!--

www.picolures.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for remembering all those who gave so much. Yesterday, I helped an older lady who had locked her keys in her truck while she was decorating a grave. It was a very rural cemetery-way down a dead end road, and there was no reason to lock anything, but... . She was the right age to have had a husband who was of the "great generation", and it left me thankful to be able to help her for what he, and all the others, did so that we can be free. I'm not a veteran myself. I was in college when the draft lottery occurred back in 1970 and got a very low number. I had already taken and passed my physical and was told that I would be the next to go from my little community as soon as I graduated; however, the draft was suspended in '71, and I was never called. I tried to enlist in OCS, and of all things I was unable to pass the vision test. I took this as a sign that I should just let it go and went on about my life. I lost several good friends to the war in 'Nam and will always remember them as well as all veterans. I used to get out of high school classes to play Taps at military funerals and came to appreciate how haunting those chords were drifting back to me on the "echo." Everyone should take time this Memorial day to reflect on how our lives have been easier because of all you veterans.
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I put mine out already, but,, I believe I told you that.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post