Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem with my puter

Post Thanks / Like

Default problem with my puter

knowing from little to nothing about putters it seems I keep asking for help. on my, what shall I call it, my front page or on any page the stuff at the bottom has disappeared. I've looked for help on the puter but don't know what it would be. I've turned the puter off several times hoping it might come back but hasn't except when I first turn the puter back on it is there. when I get online it is gone. it has the time of the day and a place to turn the puter off and oter stuff I forget. any help getting it back for good? thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

When this happens to me I do a system restore. I am sure there is an easier way but I don't know how to do it.

ESBguy is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It's called the taskbar. When you turn your computer on, while you can still see it, right click on any open area on the taskbar and click "properties". Make sure "Auto hide the taskbar" is NOT checked and "keep taskbar on top of other windows" IS checked.
    Leroy
    HL Outdoors - the Everlasting Slip Bobber
    www.slipbobber.com
    Likes TurboDan, satdoc1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

what ESBGuy said... sometimes if Autohide is on, you can move mouse cursor to bottom of screen and Taskbar will pop up. Then again, check top and sides as well. I know I have managed to move it without knowing.

Danny
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

“Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.” ― Grandma Moses

Post Thanks / Like

it looks like that made it come back but it's on top of the screen now which is ok I guess. a 7 year old knows more about these things than I do. thanks for the help. I'm sure i'll run into other things later.
    Likes springhillwantabe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just click on taskbar and hold with mouse and drag it down to bottom... then do what ESBGuy said
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

“Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.” ― Grandma Moses

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

a HAMMER will fix it
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes crappiewisdom LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Billbob fixes all my computers
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The thing you are referring to is called the taskbar, as previously noted. There are several options pertaining to it's behavior, such as "Auto-Hide" and "Lock the Taskbar". If you want to be able to see it at all times, right click on the taskbar and choose Properties. You should see a check box next to "Auto-Hide". Uncheck it.

You can left click on the taskbar and, while holding the mouse button down, drag the taskbar to the sides, top, or bottom of the screen. If you want the taskbar to always be at the bottom of the screen, as opposed to on the side or the top, just drag it down there, and choose "Lock the Taskbar" to keep it from accidentally being dragged anywhere.

Now get off the computer, and get on the water.

The High-tech Redneck

Post Thanks / Like

that worked general lee. thanks to all for your help. I keep having problems I may try billbobs trick and see if it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast