Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass Tracker Pro Team 175TF and a question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Tracker Pro Team 175TF and a question

I just traded boats....12 year-old Landau 175 Bass with Suzuki 4-Stroke 50 HP for a new Pro Team 175TF with Mercury 4-Stroke 60 HP. Anyone out there have one of these and how do you like it? Have not had it out much at all yet, but have noticed The Mercury 4-Stroke is not as quiet as the Suzuki. I did have a 2-Banks--4 amps per bank on-board battery charger installed in the boat.
    Does anyone know if that charger is suitable to use in the winter to keep the batteries charged if you do not use the boat for 4 months, or is it better to just not plug in the charger in the winter? Also, after using the trolling motor and running the deep cycle battery down, when you plug the charger into an outlet, will the charger charge up the deep cycle battery only, or will it also give an unnecessary charge to the cranking battery? Thanks in advance to you smarter than me guys.
    Husker
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Several guys on here with about the same rig. So I am sure they will be along to offer their experiences with their rigs. Congrats on the new boat!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't quote me, but I think the newer chargers have some "smart" technology that will allow it to send charge to one battery if the other doesn't need any. And when both are charged it keeps monitoring and trickle charging when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had better luck just letting the batts charge then unplug. I do plug back in day or night before I head out again. Good luck I am hoping for a new boat one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new boat, hope you enjoy it. Google the model # of the charger and see what it says in the specs. Not all chargers have the smart technology, but with it being a 2 bank charger and assuming you have only two batteries, yes it will give a charge to the cranking battery, which is not all that bad assuming you have a FF or two on the cranking battery. If the new charger has the smart technology, then it should be ok to leave it hooked up all the time, if not, then I suggest you look at the BatteryMinder brand of maintenance chargers, I've used 'em for several yrs now, and get good service live on my boat batteries. You should still check the water on a regular basis as well.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine! 2013 175TF Coastal edition, bought brand new last August.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlips View Post
    i have had better luck just letting the batts charge then unplug. I do plug back in day or night before i head out again. Good luck i am hoping for a new boat one day.
    x2.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of them trw or txw or something like that 17'5" 60 and love it, tough wide and built to last. I do the charger thing plug in un plug, after charged, same charger on second boat. only problem I ever had was the live well pump had a small leak, and it would squirt water when pumping hit ya right in the face, got out the ole soldering iron heated the pipe up, sealed the leak, 34 seconds gooder than new.
    Likes goggle-eye LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the usual great replies! We moved back on the water recently after been off for about 4 years. Have not done a lot of posting because I have not done a lot of fishing. Glad to be back on the water and glad to be back posting on the site....ran into Slab Buster Jack last week and bought some more of his jigs...have always done well with them, but I do like trolling with crank baits and jigging for catfish.
    Husker
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck