Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back in the USA and wanting to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back in the USA and wanting to fish

I'm back in the country and we don't have the kids this weekend and we're trying to figure out where to go. Christina was checking out Ray Behrns and it looks full and so does the state park at MTL. We're wondering if anyone has any recommendations for this weekend. LOZ is probably not a good choice memorial weekend (or any weekend until after Sept). Thinking maybe Pomme, does that one get nuts like the rest? Never been on Pomme (except for duck hunting). Any suggestions are appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Truman Lake is a pretty good spot doesn't get to nuts on Memorial Day. Some fish are still on the banks fishing is good!

Post Thanks / Like

KT,

First things first, Thank You for what you do for this country!

As for Twain, might check with South Fork or Windmill Resort to see if they have any last minute cancellations for the weekend. If camping, there's a campground at the intersection of Route U and 107 (name escapes me) and I know there are a few on 154. There are still fish to be caught on Twain and if you stay away from the lower end of the lake (below 107 Bridge) you should be able to avoid most of the idiots. This is about the time when I start my disappearing act and go wayyyyyyyyy up!

Wish I was going to be over there this weekend but headed East instead.

U

Post Thanks / Like

Like Rt. U, I would like to thank you for your service. Now about Pomme. It will be busy up by the dam area and around point 1 where the two arms meet and up three miles in either direction. I would recommend try to get into Nemo area for camping. It will put you up far enough that in a short run you can be in Haverstick cove or one of several small coves where the jet Skis won't bother you, or you could go on up the Lindly arm and get away from a lot of the weekend idiots. Fihing is fair for bass, walleye and crappie, if you can find them.

Post Thanks / Like

hey Kyle, good luck with finding a spot to camp this weekend, indian creek has a nice campground, too, and don't forget there are always first come first serve sites at both Ray Behrens and the state park, they never get reserved out. it's a gamble but if you left town early friday morning I would bet there are some available. there is always private campgrounds like the windmill on RT U and others around the lake.
    but if it were me and I had the time, I would be packing up and headed over to Truman state park for some crank bait trolling and spider rigging...
    And as said, thank you for what you do!

Post Thanks / Like

looks like we've settled on (and booked) a place up in the James River arm in Cape Fair. Looking forward to getting away and getting on the water. Gonna put out some jug (noodle) lines and see if we can't get a couple of nice cats while we're there. I'm just excited about getting on the water.

Also, thanks everyone for the support. I love what I do in the Army and feel fortunate to be able to do it.
    Likes south point, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for ur service to this great country and to all military past and present
    Gone Fishin

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your service and hope you have a great weekend on the Rock with the family.