Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lil mate /bait cooler build thread:

Post Thanks / Like

Default lil mate /bait cooler build thread:

had the cooler in the pic attached to a frabil minnow-life- air pump which after a hour would stop supplying enough air and they would go bally up .any ways on to the post

Here is the start to my project bait cooler I took and pop riveted some tackle boxes to the top of the coolers. I already had an airline hose drilled already and it is functional. Now I got to drill a power line for the aerator when I get the aerator I will drill it so not to make it too big. I order a few parts a aerator a power bubbler from marine metals all 12 volt set ups I will use with fish finder batteries the 12 volt 9 amp style. See links below for parts I ordered any ways here is a few shot of the start of it..
    Pictures are of the cart/ bait cooler / ice cooler / fishing gear need for a day of fishing. I plan to set the cart up for riding a bike around the lake I fish, to different spots I fish. There is a bike path on this lake and on other lake around here which would make pier access easier, also would help get exercise to.i still got to get the bubbler and the aerator to install this is a start to it though….
    Pictures:

Links :
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marine-Metal...item417bda12e1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seasense-Por...b1606a&vxp=mtr

coolers were I got them for $20:
    http://www.basspro.com/Igloo-Legend-...duct/10226274/

i even got a bike hitch and the design all planed out on what to ddo to make the little mate cart more mobile

http://www.biketrailershop.com/burle...ch-p-1850.html

next step is mounting them and making a battery box for the batteries!

any ways thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

just got the power bubbles pump here it is mounted.

here it is on a side view.

here is what the water look like be fore i started it.

here is the water after i started the pump all i can say is don't think i will need the aerator ...the pump oxygenates up to 35 gallon on each head this is only about 2 gallons of water lol's..

any ways till i get the other pump will see if i need it? i can all ways use it in the big white cooler bellow the red one in the photo..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the photos, I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

i am very impressed with how it works! typhoon or whirl pool of bubbles and a whole lot less dead fish from this pump .. by the way i used adrenaline batteries for my fish finder that i use wile ice fishing. now i will know when they die on me cause i will be using these ones year round. instead of them sitting on a shelf and finding them 6 months later no charge to them dead as can be.. any ways thanks for looking in on this thread...

by the way the power bubbles only drawls less then half of a amp a hour so on a 9 amp hour battery it will last about 18 hours or more from a 12 volt 9 ah battery.

Post Thanks / Like

I like your setup
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Jigolo,are you gonna use a regular size battery? Im thinking a small lawn mower battery might do the trick IF all your running is the bubbler. Nice looking setup.Engle has a cooler/dry box/bait box similar to what you have made,theres is sorta pricey though.
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys!

i do like this new pump already i got it hook to a 48 quart cooler right now and it keeps a pound of minnows alive no problems. cooler holds about 12 gals of water. as for the battery they make a ice fishing sonar batteries we up here in the north use on are sonars for ice fishing. it is 12 volt and about 9 amp hours deep cycle sealed lead acid battery the dimensions are about 4x4x8 inches. the pump only drawls about less then .5 amps a hour so at 9 ah that will run it for 18 hours at least. any ways gander mountain carries these batteries so does cabelas and bass pro. if you need to see what it look like leave me a message and i will get a link to one. there sort of like a lawn mower battery just better....