Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G3 Eagle 176 Vinyl

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 Eagle 176 Vinyl

thought about buying used boat... thought i might as well look at new too!

looked at the 2014 G3 Eagle 176 vinyl version today w 70 hp Yamaha. looked at the tracker 175 TF yesterday. would like to look at Lowe, but no dealers in TX.

loved the wide deck up front, large live wells and storage. thought the hull design was a little outdated. looks more like a flat bottom boat.

would like thoughts on ride, stability, how it takes waves. any issues getting on trailer?

other Eagles have more of a V type hull. is this a speed vs stability thing?

G3 is more expensive. tracker looks "prettier".

this would be my first boat. any input would be appreciated.

danny
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

“Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.” ― Grandma Moses

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas in Fort Worth sells Lowe boats.

I considered the G3 176 Vinyl, mainly for the storage. I wound up buying a Stratos 176XT only to learn that I'm too crippled up (back) for a bass boat and traded for an Alumacraft Deep V.

The Stratos 176 is in the same category as the G3 176, if you can find one for sale you ought to check it out. It was designed as a glass boat to compete with the Tracker 175.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why I thought there was no Lowe dealers in TX. Found one near Houston. Since I am going that way this weekend, going to swing by. Salesman is working on quote for me now... No happy with G3 quote from dealer near Austin. out of the ballpark as far as i am concerned. won't bother calling back. Another dealer is working quote with much better price...

danny
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3 176 and it is a good boat, plenty of storage, it even has dry storage which other boats don't. The only problem is like you said it is kind of flat bottom and it will get you wet in rough water. Its plenty stable and I never been worried when on rougher water and will run about 35 with the 70 on it. The 175 lowe will have a wider deck, and a better front end to cut the waves I think. Storage is about the same on them as I think they out class all other boat of this type for storage. If it was me I would look at the lowe 195 with the 115 on it. I don't know what you are looking for as far as a trolling motor but they all come under powered as far as I am concerned so be sure to get a upgrade on that and the electronics in the quote.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this exact same boat on 1-2-2014 and I love it. Super wide deck, LOTS of storage, 2 live wells, very stable. The 70 HP is plenty of motor for me. In Most of the lakes I fish, I'm at a fishing spot within 5 minutes. Now if I was fishing large lakes, like Toledo Bend, I would get something bigger. I looked at the Lowe and the Ranger. I liked the Ranger aluminum better but they did not have one in a color that I wanted nearby. So I went with the G3. I upgraded the trolling motor to a 50 lb and the depthfinders to Lowrance HDS units for the bow and console. I then later added the Structure Scan. I figured if I'm gonna spend that much money on a boat, spend a little more and get what you want in it. I love it. I also like the fact that it has 3 seat holes available in the front for spiderrigging with a friend. My fishing buddy boat a Bass Tracker last year, but I like mine better. But don't tell him that.
    Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 3390
Size:  58.6 KB
    Likes TurboDan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for feedback... first quote i got was outrageous. Found another dealer that puts this and Lowe Stinger 175 at about same price. Going to look at Stinger Saturday... then have to make decision as to what I do.

Don't think I could go wrong with either choice.

Danny
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

Post Thanks / Like

No you can't but as was said earlier. Bigger is better on the tm. I've got a 50 where a 35 used to be and am still looking to go to a 70 or 80. If I had room for another battery I would go 101.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally after owning a Tracker Pro Team 175 there will not be another tracker for me. I have a G3 v172c I bought last year. Love the Yamaha outboard.

Post Thanks / Like

zummy... what are your reasons? Motor issues or just boat in general.

danny
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

Post Thanks / Like

Both. I have an extreme dislike for Mercury outboards. When I was shopping I looked at everything but Tracker. My boat had lots of little issues. Tracker customer service isn't real great. Lots of horror stories about Tracker boats out there. A guy on walleye central has a cracked hull and tracker gets trying to weld it. THen it breaks next to the weld. I would have demanded a new hull. When I looked at Lowe imo they used cheap components to hit a price point. At Cabelas I stood on the front deck of a Lowe and an Alumacraft. You could tell Alumacraft was better built. Warranty coverage is another issue to look at. Some of them are pro rated, some cover things for the duration of purchase for the original owner. Just stuff to think about. You can do whatever you want, but I won't own another tracker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast