Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: transom saver bracket that mounts on trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Default transom saver bracket that mounts on trailer

Might be posting this in the wrong forum but does anyone know where I can buy just the bracket that mounts on the rear cross member of the boat trailer for my transom saver? Did a google search but seems you have to buy the whole transom saver for 61 bucks to get the little bracket. Thanks Mark

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOAT-TRANSOM...-/200823622232

Seems a touch pricy to me. I would make one from 1/4 thick plate. Bend it into the "U" drill a couple holes, buy a bolt nut washer and and lock washer and good to go. but thats me. You may be able to find a small weld shop locally to fabricate one but that will probably cost as much as buying on flea bay. ask your buddies, maybe someone is handy enough to make one for you then all it'll cost is a 6 pack and maybe a fishing trip. I could be all welded from 3 pieces or bent from 1 piece. Looking at it, it is made from 1/8" stock although I would make it from 1/4"

Post Thanks / Like

contact the company that made your transom saver- when my trailer got stolen a few years ago I did & they sent me 1 for 5 bucks - cost 5 bucks shipping for a 5 buck part but 10 bucks beat buying the whole thing again
    My wife swears I only do enough surveying to support my hunting & fishing because I'm too busy hunting & fishing !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hunter and dog, I found its made by a company called Yates Will try and get there no. tomorrow and have them send me the bracket.. Take Care Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I might have one in the shop. I'll check tomorrow and see. If I do I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scslayer View Post
    I might have one in the shop. I'll check tomorrow and see. If I do I'll let you know.
    Sounds great! Thank you Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Might be one on my boat trailer if so you can have it if you still need one,right now boat is in shop,i don't use one and have a couple of the bars.i made me a flip up piece that goes in holes of motor,it is a solid rod i bent and shape ,been using these for over 15 years ,nothing to take off and put in truck or boat,just flip it out of the way
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't happen to know the dimensions of that bracket would you. I think I got this thing from the new transom saver I bought and put it on my shelf. It looks just like the one in the link above. I got it in hand if it will work. I'll take it back down there tom. or wednesday and try on my saver and see it fits it.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I just now noticed buckeys link posted above. Actually that is not the bracket.The one I need mounts on the trailer frame with a hole in it. You stick one end of the transom saver in and give it like half turn, then lower the motor onto the other end with the rubber v and wrap your bungee around that.Thanks anyway and genec I am not sure if that's whats mounted on your trailer and sorry your boats in the shop!

Post Thanks / Like

I use a motor mate mount. The ones that attach to Trailor will eventually crack and allow too much wobble and wear bushings out.