Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weather

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weather

Will we ever have summer and fishable weather this year? Crappies not active on lakes. Caught them in channels and very shallow back water. Lakes still very cold.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope so we are headed to the Big Chip in 2 weeks. I keep thinking the weather is about to straighten out and it turns to crap.

Post Thanks / Like

The surface temp now running 51 degree on Teal Lake (North East of Chip) Caught seven yesterday - two females with hard spawn. The weather is warming up so should be around 55 soon. I put together a small E-Book on Amazon with some methods I have used for years if anyone is interested it is http://amzn.to/QZFCOS"] Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Found some deeper on Saturday. Didn't see any shallow, but they are hard to spot sometimes.

BTW - picked up a copy of your book. Always helps to learn some new things.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Shallow crappie

Quote Originally Posted by wasilvers View Post
    Found some deeper on Saturday. Didn't see any shallow, but they are hard to spot sometimes.

BTW - picked up a copy of your book. Always helps to learn some new things.

Lost Land Lake is producing lots of male fish still in the larger weed bed areas. Many are smaller than I will keep. Out there today fishing with tube jigs/1/32 ounce jig heads and one inch floats at a depth of 2- 3 feet deep over weeds. Could not believe that I made eleven cast and caught eleven fish. Most were located within 15-20 feet off the shore line.

Caught a few females still full of firm spawn - if the weather stays warm this week should be good fishing.

Thanks for buying our e-book - hope you pick up some new methods.

Riverman39