Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What a great bunch of people!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a great bunch of people!

First, let me say that I've never found a better site than this one for great information, friendly banter and just plain good folks. I'm fairly new here but can already tell from responses to questions/requests for help that I've posted that it's not just Barnacle Bill, Cray, Ship Ahoy and other long time members but the relative newbies, too, that genuinely care about helping. Some may do it to show their knowledge, but for the most part, I can tell that those who have learned the hard way want to give the rest of us a helping hand. No, it doesn't "cost" them anything, but that is not the point. So, with that in mind I would like to offer what little I can to the rest of you. I presently work as a rural letter carrier (wanting to retire), but my avocation is forestry. My education and training allowed me to spend many years as a consultant here in Illinois, and I also have extensive landscaping experience. I haven't practiced this for a couple of years as I found out that I have cancer. Adding insult to injury is the fact that my insurance has refused to pay for anything (government sponsored insurance, mind you). While this may seem unjust, it has made me even more determined to beat this. I was never a health nut, but I began to read everything I could about alternative treatments and have actually become "reluctantly healthy." What I would like to offer is this-if any of you, or someone you may know, would like to know anything about what I've done to treat my cancer I will gladly share what I do and what I've learned. I would also like to offer advise on -or answer questions about- forestry/landscaping (at least what I know about the midwest). Feel free to pm me or ask openly here so that others who may be hesitant can read and possibly be prompted to ask something themselves. God bless all you good conservative fishermen and women!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you've made it through. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Justfishin2! Keep up the battle! I do have a question. I've heard or read, I think read, that Aspargus is THE veggie beating cancers. What if any have you found ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappa View Post
    Way to go Justfishin2! Keep up the battle! I do have a question. I've heard or read, I think read, that Aspargus is THE veggie beating cancers. What if any have you found ?
    Asparagus seems to be the latest veggie being promoted;however, my main one was/is broccoli. Actually, any of the cruciferous vegetables are good-anything that is "leafy" and green...like Kale. If you can find one that also raises your pH, all the better. Cancer thrives in an acidic, anaerobic gut, and Barley as well as organic wheat grass help with this, too. I'm really glad I did not submit to surgery, chemo or radiation but found out about alternatives, instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Justfishin2, The Gerson Miracle on Netflix is a good documentary to watch about how the right foods can cure cancer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabyanker View Post
    Justfishin2, The Gerson Miracle on Netflix is a good documentary to watch about how the right foods can cure cancer.
    Thanks for that info. I have heard about the Gerson miracle but have not yet read about it. For several months I read over two hours every day-anything about cancer I could get my hands on (or on the net), and I finally became overwhelmed with all the "cures." Unfortunately, there is no single thing anyone who already has cancer can do to cure it. A complete lifestyle adjustment is required, and for many (most) this is just too much. All I can say is no one knows how they would react if told that they have cancer. I was really mad when I found out(and when I learned that my insurance wasn't going to help) which was good for me as it caused me to want to fight. I am still shocked that I gave up red meat and sweets so easily. I do take a handful of supplements every day and exercise, too. The biggest thing was learning how to let go of things over which I had no control. This reduced my stress level to almost zero, and now when something does get to me I quickly realize it and move on.
    Likes bdunn3, Slab LIKED above post