Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Fryer Recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep Fryer Recommendations

MY little fryer finally bit the dust and I am looking for a new better one.
    Just wondering if anyone has recommendations.
    Thanks for any help!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the 6gal. Cajun fryer from RV Works. They are fantastic. My buddy has a 4 gal they are the best!

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  104.8 KB Just got a new one and it is nice. Separate vats for fish and taters. Bubba s b b ovens outa nc

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  36.2 KBCheck them out. Here's the info

Post Thanks / Like

Butterball electric turkey fryer, works great on fish, pork chops or chicken. Easy to use and easy to clean. Set the temp on 350, drop the basket when the green light indicates the temp is right, take it out when the green light says the grease is back up to temp. Fish will be perfect whether it's fillets or whole fish.
    Likes 1 Cove LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Might want to mention what size range and features you are considering. I only do maybe 2 or 4 fillets at a time myself so a little electric table top would be fine. Some these guys may have commercial quality fryers that'll do a limit of two a day.

But my fryer got fried some fine back so I'm just in the 12" pan. I do plan to pick up a Waring Pro electric fryer that will hold 2 baskets but that's maybe a little more than I really need for myself. The Waring deep dryers were recommended by America's Test Kitchen and seems to have some good reviews online. For the little bit of frying I do I'm thinking it will do just fine but I doubt it would be the best option if I was doing 60 fillets (30 fish limit here) every day.

Post Thanks / Like

Bayou Classic 4 gallon dual basket is what i have and i absolutely love it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cast iron pot over a burner.
    Likes 1 Cove, skillett007 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the ideas guys. This should give me a place to start.

Post Thanks / Like

I like my presto fry daddy for smaller 2-3 person servings. There is a fry grandpappy that is larger but for my wife and I the fry daddy is a great fryer. Does not use a bunch of oil, easy to clean and store, good reliable heating and as long as it is not overloaded does a great job.

Larger servings or when I have a few friends over, I have a hamilton Beach fryer ~6" WIDE 16" LONG 6" DEEP basket with a nice thermostat and can cook about 3# at a time but I try to keep it around 2#.

Last option is my turkey fryer, not as convienient as the first two but I have done fish frys for 25 - 30 people. I routinely load it with 10 - 12 # of fillets and they cook fast at 375 degrees. I have a digital thermometer and usually see a drop to 345 - 355 when I drop the basket. but recovery is quick 1-2 mins and a 3-4 min cook time gives a nice crisp coating and moist fillets (I hate overcooked fish)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast