Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sonar advise please

Post Thanks / Like

Default sonar advise please

I think its time to update my electronics. Both of mine are about 10 years old. I know I want one that shows topo maps and channels. I looked online just now and was lost! I dont understand what all the terms are such as side imaging, down imaging.......I have always been partial to humminbird products. Anybody know what will be workable and not break the bank? I can't spend $2k each on them, but something around $400 each is doable.

Post Thanks / Like

We have an electronic section here on the site. Plus a board sponsor who is great to work with once you decide. I recommend humminbird also and Brian @ bbgmarine knows his stuff. Plus 99% of the time his prices cannot be beat.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Brian at BBGMarine, tell him what your budget is. Tell him what and how you use your current units and he will get you in thhe right units at a very good price. He will answer any and all your questions and he is not partial to any one company.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on over to the electronics forum and we will discuss the different sonar technologies and which technologies and features that will benefit your fishing style...

And we'll even try to stay within budget as much as possible...

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/forum...nd-Photography

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Likes Don G LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Call Brian at BBGMarine, tell him what your budget is. Tell him what and how you use your current units and he will get you in thhe right units at a very good price. He will answer any and all your questions and he is not partial to any one company.
    Brian is great to deal with .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    Come on over to the electronics forum and we will discuss the different sonar technologies and which technologies and features that will benefit your fishing style...

And we'll even try to stay within budget as much as possible...

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/forum...nd-Photography

Rickie
    OK I posted to the electronics forum. "Behind the times"

Post Thanks / Like

Modern electronics are an investment. They make your time on the water more enjoyable. Figure out how much you think can afford and then double that. HUMMINGBIRD!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you can wait a month or so for more reports (I had HB, now have LOW) but from what I been hearing the new Garmin with chirp could very well be the winner of all--customer service, ease of use,screen quality etc.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    If you can wait a month or so for more reports (I had HB, now have LOW) but from what I been hearing the new Garmin with chirp could very well be the winner of all--customer service, ease of use,screen quality etc.
    Just came from the PA crappie camp for the crappienow group of writers and pros and they had a seminar to end the camp. They had a rep from Garmin there explaining their product and how it updates so much faster than all the latest sonars and charts. I was very impressed by it's ability to do so many things quickly and clearly. Chirp is new for freshwater fishing but has been out for saltwater for some time now. If I had waited one more month before I made my new purchase this spring i'd have a Garmin instead of this Lowrance HD 10. Very good units and reasonable prices too.