Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need opinions on a crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need opinions on a crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk.

Do any of you all spider rig out of one of these types of boats? Wife and I are both looking at getting a bigger boat, right now we have a crestliner storm 16. I was looking at these types of deep V boats as we also troll for walleyes and might even take it to the chesapeake bay for some stripers.

Im just a little concerned on how they would be spider rigging since the bow of the boat seems really high up off the water.

Post Thanks / Like

A good friend of mine has the 1850 dc he has his set-up for spider rigging with only 1 seat up front,as there is not enough room for 2 seats sidexside. Other than that the height of the bow does'nt effect him. I've even taken his boat out several times crappie fishing an really thinking about looking for one myself..Hope this helps.......Boch

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a PolarKraft 168SC deepV and really enjoy it. I have two seats side by side up front for spiderigging and a kicker on the back for pulling cranks. It performs without any issues.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 1750 Fish Hawk and all I did was spider rig out of it. And I only used 4'6" rods and had no problems. Sold the boat due to illness.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunately if you cant fit side by side seats up front its a no go right off the bat. Thats one of the things the wife and I love is sitting side by side, plus she always brings snacks

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't imagine it being any smaller up front than a Tracker ProV16 and we spider rig out of it with two people side by side. I could use a little more weight in the rear, or a little less weight in my rear, as the back of the boat nearly comes out of the water. The fish don't seem to care about that part of it. Cumberland Crappie made my double seat mount to my specs. I needed to span a couple compartments and they fixed me right up. Deep V's are great for wives, they can pee in a bucket without showing the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filletfetish View Post
    Deep V's are great for wives, they can pee in a bucket without showing the world.

Lol yeah, that one made me laugh out loud.