Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Skunked at falls lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skunked at falls lake

A friend and I went down to beaverdam to beat the banks from 3:30-9:30. Casting about 2-3' deep in 5-15' of water. The water level has dropped another foot since i was out there last week. By the banks i see (and catch) endless (dinky) pumpkinseeds, but not a single crappie. Typically I have a lot of luck in this spot, but i'm guessing with the weather the way it's been, plus these warmer days coming, plus the water level dropping, that behavior of the falls lake crappie is changing.

So....

Where they at?

More specifically, are they going deeper and moving out of the coves? I mean... What are these guys going to be doing as weather gets warmer? What of this crazy abundance of panfish? Teach me to fish crappie on a hot, NC day

Pardon me while i build an alter to the fish gods.

Post Thanks / Like

Im catching them shallow right now, using a jig/tube, I inject a bit of crappie niblet into the tube, (got a plastic syringe @ CVS) color white preferred;
    red 1/64 head jig, chart or white tube, I put a tiny float about 12" up,
    pop it every 3 to 5 sec. soon it will be night stalking 100% of the time, Falls is loaded with Crappie, just need to hunt a bit,
    Good Fishing