Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tying bobber stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default tying bobber stops

Anyone know how to tie bobber stops i am tired of buying them. I once saw a web site that had pictures that showed how, anyone know it thanks tim.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I think they use a Nail Knot for knot type bobber stoppers - http://www.animatedknots.com/nailkno...g.jpg&Website=

I buy them in packs of 50 - just picked some up at Gander Mountain for $5 - worth 10 cents a piece to me for the convenience. I prefer the Thill brand because they use a finer thread than the Eagle Claw I've tried, which makes the knot a bit smaller and easier to slide through the eyes on the pole.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

try www.lurenet.com then look for bobber stop,they are made by fred arbogast lures,---fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone us these? I find them to hold the line better and are very easy to cast.
    http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse
    United States-Home of the free, because of the BRAVE. (Pray for our troops)

Post Thanks / Like

I use the ones that have a hole in them that you run the line through. Just slide them up or down as you want. Works for me.........

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

No need to waste your money on all them "doo-dads" sold by BPS, Wally World, etc...just keep a fistfull of ordinary rubber bands in your tackle box...tie one around your line, trim off the excess, and you're in business....works for me...

Bushrod:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the rubber bands. But had a problem. If I had to move the knot a couple of times it either came untied or was cut by the mono. Perhaps I used the wrong knot on the rubber band.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i tried all kind but i like the string on a tube my self if put on properley . have had some close faced reels that don`t let them go past the pin easley . just check after catching a fish for the same depth
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default ran out last time out

i ran out of the stops on the tube last time out and i usually keep a few rubberbands in the boat just in case, but these were dry rotted. so i tied a couple of half hitches in a piece of 10 lb mono and it ended up working beautifully. it held in place nicely on 4 lb mono and the bead in front of the bobber kept it from stickin in the float. just a thought. quite a bit cheaper too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast