Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain 5-10-14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain 5-10-14

Got our limit today. Still mostly males. Lots of boats out.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from four days,game on some places we only caught females on the bank and others just males
    on the bank.Most of the eggs look ready.Hope tonights weather and this week does not mess things up.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Our friends fished yesterday and pulled limits off the bank. We fished today near RayBehrens, fished late morning and late evening before the storms, managed 12 between me, my 12yo daughter and 8yo son. Only 3 were caught off the bank. The rest at least 15-20 feet from the bank feeling really slow, so I figured they were near bottom. A few were caught casting to the middle and letting it fall for up to 30 sec before a sloe retrieve.

So we are leaving tomorrow. The question is what time. We have all morning through early afternoon, but will the fishing be worth anything with the major storms that just went through??? Or are they shut off for a day or two?

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but I bet these storms will shut them down some.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good day, if you are down next weekend stop in and say howdy.

Post Thanks / Like

x2 on what catman says come on by and say howdy, let the traffic flow slow down. I am sure looking forward to next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep slow... Fished for a few hours mid morning...managed 3 & one white bass. I was surprised...the three we got were hard strikes...I guess you just had to be very close to trigger the bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEADEYE View Post
    I hate to say it but I bet these storms will shut them down some.
    Saturday 3 of us caught a limit in about 2 hours. That bite was real slow sunday morning. Matt and I had only caught six up between noon and about 4:00. Found a cove on the north fork and finished out our limit in about an hour. Mostly 10" fish, but did catch a couple that were pushing 12". 50% were females and few had eggs oozing out when I tossed em' in the boat.

We caught all of ours between the bank and 5' out.

There were some real a-holes out fishing saturday. Whoever they guy was in the fish-and-ski wearing a red life jacket and cardinals cap with no etiquette can kiss my ass!

slabho
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day

Post Thanks / Like

I have found the bigger and more expensive the boat the bigger a-------- they are.
    Likes Berkley69 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

perchplucker I am sorry pretty sure it was me a old 93 Lowe white with blue and green stripes, looking like I found myself at one of the trout parks on opening day, did not back down the ramp exactly straight, engine started but likes to warm up a little 20 min or so. Partner parking the truck likes to talk with others putting in. Just not in a hurry found a purty rock stopped to pick it up and show others. Kind of embarrassed to talk about taking the boat out. But hey had a great day. Hope it gets so it does not bother you as much take care good fishn.