Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jacomo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jacomo

Anyone got any advice?Been there once with no luck.Checked out 3 socalled brushpiles,closest to main marina.No fish and very little brush.Where to start?Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Stinkbait if you go to JC parks office i think they will give ya a map of they brush piles they sank.If not look for the white bouy's with a pic of a crappie on it.they marked some of the piles like that.Also look at your map and find Ligget cove on the north east end of the lake.As you enter that cove stay to the north bank out about 10-15 yards and look for the brush they have sank there as you go east down that bank with your electronics.
    Other than that there are alot of laydowns along the deep banks you could try.And there is also brush sank in sail boat cove from north to south across the mouth.Hope this helps.And good luck:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jacomo

Hogster,thanks for the tips.I hope to go on wednesday if not to windy.Trolling motor batteries are good for about 4 hours.Will post up when i get in.THANKS AGAIN

Post Thanks / Like

No problem ole bud.i only know this stuff becuase i used to bass fish that lake every Wed.night in a tourn. so those brush piles were like gold for us.Hope you catch some slabs.Good Luck:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jacomo

Tried again yesterday.Skunked :rolleyes: !

Post Thanks / Like

Now do not give up all your secrets.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jacomo

Never made it down to the dam.Put in at main marina,went south to first cove,fished mouth of that cove then went across to sailboat trolled and fished it awhile.That was about 3 hours,Wind started picking up from the south and i was afraid my batteries wouldnt hold up against the wind so called it a day.Didnt fish alot mostly exploring.Did see a couple schools of baitfish but not that much.I do appreciate the advice,thanks.