Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lure/Bait names...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lure/Bait names...

Hey Guys/Gals
    I am new to the forum and LOVING IT! Now here goes my first attempt at posting.

I am newer to fishing, meaning I am now actually trying to catch certain species. I want to fill the freezer and crappies are my choice. After reading several forums and articles I am confused... Everyone post names of baits and rigs, but few [at best] post pictures. I'm in Minnesota and I have noticed different names from around the states. Can anyone put pictures of lures and baits that work best for them?

Thanks and I look forward to reading and seeing your posts.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My go to jig heads, custom made by site member Grousefly :

1/16oz ballhead with #2 Aberdeen hook
    Top jig has fiber brush style weedguard
    Bottom jig has plastic Y shaped weedguard (my favorite)

Usually dress these jig heads with custom poured minnow body plastics like these :

Mostly used for casting/swimming the jig around timber & brush, shooting docks, or Vertical Casting ( http://www.crappie.com/articles/crappiepappy.htm )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME!
    Thanks

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to www.grizzlyjig.com and request a catalog.....lots of pictures in it
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use red 1/16th #4 and 1/8th #4 and #2 oz Matzou sickle hook jigs from Pro Angler Tackle.

Name:  Crappi50.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  28.8 KB

No need getting painted ones as I have never been able to tell the difference in catch ratio. I believe it is more of a confidence thing with people which there is nothing wrong with that.

As far as plastics, I go with anything that looks like it will have good action. Bobby Garland has some excellent choices as well as the Bass Pro Shop and Yum Line. Recently I have been purchasing plastics through Ol' Shoot Bank Custom Jigs. I usually go with something with good contrast. Lately I have been digging and catching a lot off of black/chartreuse color combination. I also like orange, blue, white, red and chartreuse combinations.

Lastly I have been using something new this year. Slab Slobber. So far I like it and I put it on all plastics. I simply take the top off and dip the jig. I would use the spray nozzle but mine is clogged.

Name:  Image.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  16.8 KB